1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ban gun advertising like tobacco ads were banned

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Hammer1, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

The New York Times has run an editorial attacking gun advertisements as appealing to weak minded people the same as cigarette ads appeal to teens.

Of course, some of the gun-control advocates' friends overseas already ban gun-related literature. And some are censoring internet communications.

2. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

This may sound petty BUT I have long ago quit watching ANY of the mass liberal media I have cancelled my subscription to our local mullet wrapper 10 years ago. And I don't feel as though I've missed a thing. I refuse to pay them anymore and in anyway than that of which I have no choice. Probably not of any real difference in the overall scheme of things,but kinda like urinating in the ocean it makes me feel better.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

How hypocritical of the Times. They were among thousands of daily newspapers that gladly accepted the tobacco companys money & advertisements prior to the tobacco advertising ban 40 years ago. I can't recall the last time I ever saw an advertisement for any firearm in the Times or any newspaper for that matter.

Eric

4. JH

JH Well-Known Member

It is part of changing the "culture"...come now, who are the sympathetic figures in most television shows and movies? Is there a focused effort to elevate certain "left wing approved" types and censure others?... hunters are to be marginalized and censured, they are portrayed as sadistic, cruel, inhumane people....guns are to be grouped with "toxic" substances in order to galvanize social rejection....the media shapes sympathetic and despicable symbols....they feel they can help us define our "life styles" and values......gun issues are just part of the "culture war"......the left wing elite feels empowered to tell us what to value.....the problem is WE KNOW WHAT THEY VALUE AND WE DISAGREE!

The young, the stupid and the inexperienced ingest their poison.......

5. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

It starts right at the top of the Obama left wing agenda. As Eric Holder had said during a speech. "We must brainwash the young people into believeing that guns and the gun culture are bad."

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Bangalore,,,,,,,we are just not enlightened like they are,,,,,,,"they" should be able to determine what is best for society and what businesses can do as they are enlightened.........

7. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

Like the song says "Everything you think, do and say is in the pill you took today".

john horgan

8. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Just be prepared to drink the Kool-aid when instructed!

Big Jack

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing gun adds (other than classified sales) in any newspaper. Most are in shooting publications and the slime ball liberal news paper editors don't control those!

10. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Oh that slippery slope. Ban tobacco ads and no one put up much of a fight. Now its guns. Next it could be medicine, oil, vehicles or lawyers. No forget that last one, Congress would find an exemption for them.

11. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Id like to ban lawyers. What a nice world it would be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.