1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ban all swimming pools...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

To the man that does not swim, the swimming pool is a dangerous thing, but swimming pools are not banned.

To the man that does not bicycle, a bicycle is a dangerous thing, but bicycles are not banned.

To the man that does not ski, skiing is crazy, but skiis are not banned.

To the man that does not shoot where do you get off banning and legislating guns?

Furthermore, what happens to the right to choice when it comes to guns?

What's more it's not about Safety, is it? It IS about the Second Amendment.

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

You left out the part about the Bill Of Rights specifically guaranteeing the right of citizens to bear firearms. The founding fathers anticipated what is happening right now, and Consitutionally protected us against it. What they did not anticipate was how dumbed-down and apathetic Americans would become and how they would stand by and let their Constututionally guaranteed rights be stripped away from them like helpless sheep.

And it's not just gun control. When the Patriot Act was ram-rodded through I used to tell people what was in it and what it allowed the government to do. It was so outlandish that they would roll their eyes as though I had made it up. And yet nobody ever read it to see for themselves.

-Gary

3. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

All that the Patriot Act was supposed to do to protect Americans from attacks like Boston...now a failure and the very people it was designed to protect are now deemed the enemy and subject to the Act.

What a failure of the watchdogs of American democracy, all of 'em.

The Right to bear arms is a God given right and is not conferred from man to man, the Constitution ensures the Right in the Second Amendment.

Was really trying to make the point that politicians stress the need for safety with regard to gun control but few making the legislation really have experienced the world of guns in they way most gun owners have.

It would be like me trying to legislate pig farming when all I know is that pork is delicious.

4. rodney57104

rodney57104 Member

Wonderful conversation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.