1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bama aka Don Myers has passed away

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BAMA, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMA

BAMA TS Member

Hello all.. this is Chevy ( Don's wife)
    on many occasion i was fortunate enough to meet alot of you.. some I have not met...
    I apologise for this abrubt anoucement.. but felt you would like to know Bama/Don passed away this morning at 3am... he was at peace with the world and fought hard until the end. Your friendship and kinship with him gave him strength.. and therefor gave me strength. I appreciate the place you in the trap shooters world had in his heart. It was a place he loved and enjoyed.

I will update further as I can to let anyone know as far as services.
    Hugs to all..

Chevy

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

So very sorry to hear this. He will be missed by many on here and elsewhere Godspeed to Don. You have my heartfelt condolences. John

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Chevy,

I am so sorry to hear of Don's passing ... I know he fought with all that he had left in him like a good Marine would ... You have my deepest heart felt condolances and I sincerely Thankyou for letting the rest of us know ... I will miss him as I know many others will ... Don was truly one of the Good Guys and now he is resting peacefully ... WPT ... (YAC) ... Bill Tiedje ...

P.S. If there is anything I can do please give us a call ...

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Very sad news, my deepest sympathies to family and friends. May Don rest in peace. Bill Malcolm

5. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

I am sorry to hear of Don's passing. You and your family will be in my prayers. Roland

6. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Peace to Bama and best wishes to you. We are all better off for having folks like you in our group.

7. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Chevy:

My sincere condolences to you and your family. Bama was a special person and will be missed by many of us. Semper Fi, my friend.

I bought a Beretta 682 Super Trap from him several years ago. This is the only gun I shoot for doubles and each time I shoot it I think of Don.

God Bless you and yours,

Cliff Schultz

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Sorry to hear that. Don was one of the "good guys".

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about DON. Our prayers go out to you. Bama was a fine man who loved his country and served it well. I have fond memories of shooting with him at Montgomery and Birmingham. He was the driving force for establishing trapshooters faces. He has reported in above now, and we will all miss him. So long Marine. You did your duty and served with Honor!

10. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Chevy, Don was one of the mainstays of this forum when I first began to visit it many years ago. "Good Guy" is not really an adequate description, imo. You are both in my prayers.

Ken Rucker

11. Surferboy

Surferboy Member

What terribly sad news, Chevy - I am so very, very sorry. A few years ago Don and I were speaking often about our military experiences and of course about our sons and the pride we felt regarding their military service. He often updated me on your sons' deployments. I can remember him telling me he used to watch one son from afar during boot camp, so as not to let your son or his DI think he was interfering.

Don and my Marine brother shared the same Oncologist and Don always had helpful advice for me re: my own battle with cancer.

He was a hell-of-a Marine and quite a man - I'll truly miss him and fly my flag for him frequently. I will think of him often and think often of your family, Chevy. Stand down, Don, you have served your family, your community, and your country well. Rest in peace. Steve Shewalter

12. cls

cls Member

I'm very saddened to hear this news. Don was one of the original posters on this site. His comments were always spot on. He will certainly be missed. cls

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Chevy; I don't know the words to take away your pain but I am truly sorry for your loss.

Semper Fi Bama, Chesty will greet you.

A fellow trapshooter and Marine.

Don Hoffman

14. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Bama was one of the good guys for sure. He will be missed.

Joe

15. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Never had the pleasure of meeting Bama, but anytime I hear of loosing one of our own, or their family, a lump comes in my throat. I am sure he will be missed greatly. Condolences to the family and friends.

Gne J

16. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I am very sad to hear this...shot with Don at the Hoppie one year.
    He will be missed by all.

Rick

17. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Very sad news, my deepest sympathies to family and friends. I remember reading lots of his posts on here.

Terry.

18. crusha

crusha TS Member

Rest in Peace, friend.

19. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

My deepest sympathies are with you. We have all lost a friend in Don.

20. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I too grew to know Bama through the intial days of this site and grew a sincere respect for his knowledge and willingness to help thy fellow shooter. I finally had the opportunity to meet Don and must say that he was every bit the sincere gentleman that was portrayed on these threads.

Chevy, we are truly sorry for your loss and you have our deepest sympathy. You will be in our prayers.

Devi and Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.