1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Baltimore Cops treat gun owners as dangerous.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I was in Baltimore yesterday in my 4-Runner with Parker Gun Collectors Association decals on two windows. I wonder if I was getting the once over?

3. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

If i were a cop, I would treat every auto stop driver as if he were armed. And, if there were any clear indications (stickers) that indicated support for gun ownership, I would be especially careful.

Since it's not the gun but the gun owner that has the potential to be dangerous, it seems only reasonable for police officers to be particularly alert to gun possession.

Police officers that I have talked to about this issue have told me that after home disputes, car stops, particularly at night are what they worry about most.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

What happens when the inmates are in control of the asylum? One party has overwhelming control over the state. Guess which one? Guess what their agenda is? There is very little legal "private" carry in MD. Permits are not easy to get and someone needs to have killed you before you qualify for "need". That said, I don't make it a habit of advertising gun ownership. If the reasons for someone to find out come to be, let it be a surprize. Cops already know if I have a permit or not, since my plate number would be flagged. Baltimore is one of the virtual "Gun Free" zones in the Republik of Mary Land. Only free criminals are allowed to carry them, and they can usually get them for free.

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Traders, tell me how many cops have been shot by guys with 2nd Amendment type stickers on their cars? If I were a LEO, I would be more wary of the typical "felony car" than one with stickers.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I would like to know who is festering the propaganda inside of law enforcement training "that law abiding gun owners are to be feared" ????

If I was a LEO, I would be more concerned about the, hat on sideways, pants dragging, plumber butt, bee boppers then a citizen with stickers on his/her vehicle!!

I have on the driver side of mine that states "Driver only carries $20 worth of Ammo!!" LEO's have nothing to fear from me, if my sticker makes them nervous, they should look for a different line of work!!

7. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

This is not a big deal from my perspective. How does a cop or anyone walking up to a car know whether or not the occupants are law abiding? A cop's job is to go home alive after work. Better to be safe than sorry. I call it situational awareness.

Steve
    Albuquerque, New Mexico

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Your right Rick

If they come out with a updated one, I'll have to get one!

I don't think prices are going to be coming down anytime soon!

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

What was so outrageous about cops getting a heads up about the likelyhood of someone being armed?

It's not like they know for a fact the guy they are about to deal with is one of the good guys just because there is 2nd amendment sticker in the window. For all they know he could be a whack job that is living some kind of Rambo fantasy and may well be a threat.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

traders has it backwards. the people supporting the 2nd amendment are the Law abiding.

Bad guys don't care about laws. They also don't advertise if they like firearms.

HM

HM

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Problem is, when a Rogue LEO has a "law abiding" citizen to work with, and realizes that, he can take out all of his aggression on him/her without much resistance or danger. Try that with an armed gangbanger? Not too many cops want a close encounter with an armed bad guy. It's easier to harass an armed good guy. Not all cops are jerks, but there have been a few that could ruin your day. Can we get a sticker for the cops to wear? One that says 2nd Ammendment Friendly? Then "WE" might have a clue who is a good guy or otherwise.

12. EEB

EEB Member

Those Baltimore cops really know a thing or two about fighting crime, hence the low crime rate. NOT Baltimore City is a dangerous place. The police have proven themselves ineffective fighting criminals so now they pick on the rest of us. I spend a bit of time there on business and was there this week. I had a PGCA sticker on the car too. Maybe I should add another plus an NRA sticker before I go back Monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.