1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ball park gun values?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pduryee, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pduryee

pduryee TS Member

I have a friend that wants to sell a couple of his shotguns, I'm not familiar enough with the current market to advise him. Both are two barrel sets, the first is a Browning Broadway one set of barrels is choked Full/Full the other IM/Full very nice gun. The other is a Remington 3200 12 gauge 26 inch skeet/skeet and 20 gauge 28" skeet/skeet, also very nice both guns are aprox 95-98%, Also both guns are in Browning hard cases. I know pricing sight unseen is not possible but if we had a range to advise him it would be helpful. I'll get some pics and post them up here if anyone is interested.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

What happens here is that people that own similar guns will give you a value 50-100 percent higher than the most optimistic possibility

A supperposed while once a desirable gun is now not so desirable- its not as well made or with as many features as a citori - there is no collector value except under unsual conditions-

My range for the supperposed with the extra set of barrels- assuming they are 30 inch barrels is somewhere between $900 and $1800 dollars- pretty wide range

The Remington 3200 has a lot of problems with poor materials- larger parts have to be made which is very expensive, forearm irons, forearms, safety and barrel selector parts break all too often-- breach faces get eroded--- the 26 inch barrel is not in demand at all-- the spare 20 gauge barrel is likely a simmons- assuming the main barrel is a factory barrel I would say this gun with both barrels is worth somewhere between $750-900

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I think genes assessment of values is a good one. Same problem going on with the AR 15 market.....way over priced. 129.00 lower recievers are trying to be sold for 250.00 !!!!

BUT!!!!! people are paying the prices
    Guns are like anything else. If you have the time to sit on them you may get the highest price possible
    If some one really WANTS the particular gun, you get the highest price

If you just want to sell your guns because you do not have a need for them and want to be fair, they will sell at a good price and sell quickly

Im nor quite sure I understand the collecting gun marget for hunting/sporting guns which should be shot until cant be shot no more. Anything else just aint fun

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Some of the commments above are nonsense. Putting an accurate price on an unseen gun is not easy.

The Remington 3200 is a desirable gun with a very good mechanical trigger. If the gun has been updated, a two barrel set in a hard case would bring about $1800. HMB

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Well lets see the cheapest 3200 I have seen on here was 1295.00 and the barrel had been ported so it was basically ruined? No collecter value for a superposed? That should start a uproar let's just wait and see. Look on gunsamerica or gunbroker you will get a lot better answer than you have gotten so far. And contrary to the opinions expressed above you will find some interest here.

6. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

If there is no collector value in standard grade Supers, please show me where I can buy the subgauge models for the price of a comparable condition used Citori?

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If you send me pics, I will give you wholesale and retail value.

Send as an attachment to email

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Not only that, if you send them to Jack you will get an accurate answer. jmho

9. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

i am interested in the browning2 barrell set i will give him $1100DOLLARS FOR IT MY SON IS LOOKING FOR ONE CALL ME CELL 925 628 9755 CALIFORNIA IF IS IS LIKE YOU SAY CONSIDER IT SOLD CALL ME

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Gus. You are nothing but altruistic heart this evening.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I by no means know jack crap about guns.
    What I do know, put your own value on it.
    If its high it wont sell
    If its low you will be swamped with calls/door knocking
    if it is priced right it will sell to a happy buyer and seller.
    This applies to just about anything

I have a glenfield mod25 .22l Lr short, some say these are junk, mine shoots great I would need 250.00 to part with that gun. actual worth about 75 bucks

Find the high and the low asking prices out there and split the difference,according to condition of course. The superposed has so many models and configurations its insane.

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gun Broker in particular is not a good site( because of the false bid problem possible and running up bids)- Guns America is slightly better but both are really just "catalog" sites for most of the listers- not all

Those places might be good for a price comparison on "new" guns

Lots of people use those services just to list their own guns- the price is often meant to be nothing but a sucker trap but it does open up conversations and occassionally you do catch a sucker.

regards from Iowa

Gene