1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Balgovich sells Senate seat!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Rod, sold the Senate seat to Roland Burris! This @$$hole is dumber every day. The senate as already stated that it would not recognize anyone choosen by Blago can you believe this?

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Bruch But they will recognize him and life goes on in illinois . You see no one really cares . It,s sad but true .

ALF

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Blago is an honorable man. I'm sure if the Senate rejects Burris, Blago will refund his money.

4. Kent

Kent TS Member

Actually Mr. Burris is one of the very few Democrats I ever voted for and think he will be a good choice.

5. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Before this is over the race card will be played.

How sad.

Bo

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Bruce:

I can only speak for myself but of course, I believe it.

For those who may not be aware, Roland Burris is just another career Chicago politician. He previously served as the Illinois Comptroller (1979 to 1991) and the Attorney General (1991 to 1995). He ran unsuccessfully for mayor of Chicago in 1995. He also ran two losing campaigns for governor in 1998 and again in 2002.

Burris has no particular reputation as a crook, but IMO ya can't swim in a cess pool without gettin' some of it on ya.

Interestingly, at nearly the same time as the ignominious Rotten Rod was announcing Burris' appointment, the U.S. Senate was saying (repeating actually) that it would refuse to seat ANY person named to the vacant seat by Blagojevich.

And just for fun, after prepared statements were read at the press conference, U.S. Rep. Bobby L. Rush horned in on the press conference by pre-emptively playing the race card. Rush's stated position is that since an African American (Obambi) is being replaced, the replacement MUST be African American too. Furthermore, if the democrat controlled U. S. Senate lead by Harry Reid fails to seat Burris, it will be a racist act.

Rush, the "honorable gentleman from Illinois", has represented the 1st Illinois Congressional District since 1993. That district is comprised mostly of the south side of Chicago. The electorate is 65% black. That is the highest percentage in ANY 'minority majority' congressional district in the entire Country.

Some may remember Rush as the co-founder of the Chicago branch of the Black Panthers in 1968.

sissy

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I bet he stays.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

This just gets FUNNIER every day,,,,the Dumbocrats are stomping their in a little temper tantrum,,,,want it their way,,,,just can't have a special election,,,,OOOOOOOHHHH no a republican might win and throw a monkey wrench into chicago political machine,,,,these next two to three years couldn't have been written better by Johnny Carson's writers,,,,where's the popcorn!!!!

I just hope our country can survive!!!!!!!!!!

9. Recoil Sissy

Zara:

Burris was born in Centralia. Obambi has a certificate of live birth from Honolulu. Does that make Obambi a Hawaiian politician?

Burris studied law in D.C. That doesn’t make him a beltway politician. At one time he lived and studied international law in Hamburg. He aint a German politician either.

When Burris ran against little Richie for mayor in ’95, he was a resident of… where? The political consulting business he's been running since 2002 has offices in Springpatch and where?? Here’s a hint, it aint Centralia.

sissy

10. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Sissy are we going to ignore that last part about him never serving in Cook County? In case you don't know, Chicago is in Cook County.
    Second, that's assuming a lot, try not to get in over your head in claims that aren't worth a rat's rear end.
    Third, he's probably going to decline it anyway.
    -Trappy

11. Recoil Sissy

The fact Burris wasn't elected to a Crook County office wasn't for lack of trying. Had his 1995 campaign been successful, Burris would have been Mayor of Chicago instead of Richie Daley. If that somehow allows you to claim he isn't/wasn't a Chicago pol, so be it.

Now run along.

sissy

12. JOND

JOND TS Member

Is he Plaxco's father? JOND

13. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

That Blagobitch fellow is the gift that just keeps on giving, and giving, and giving, and giving............

I really like him. LOL

14. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

The Dems have already played the "race card". By insisting that a black person get the seat, since Obama was the only "black" in the Senate, they've injected race into the politics.

I didn't know that being black was a requirement for a U.S. Senator. I thought the U.S. Constitution stated that "No person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the age of thirty years, and been nine years a citizen of the United States and who shall not, when elected, be an inhabitant of that state for which he shall be chosen."

Best,
    Dennis

15. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

"try not to get in over your head in claims that aren't worth a rat's rear end. Third, he's probably going to decline it anyway. -Trappy"

Ya right,,what a joke. Mash on the link.

"CHICAGO -- The battle intensified Wednesday over Gov. Rod Blagojevich's appointment to Barack Obama's old Senate seat as the governor's choice, Roland Burris, asked a court to force Secretary of State Jesse White to certify his appointment."

16. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

This is Burris' first version;

"Shortly after Blagojevich's arrest, Burris said the charges outlined "appalling" and "reprehensible" behavior. He applauded an effort by the attorney general to have the courts remove Blagojevich, saying the governor could no longer do his job."

The only way to recap this cesspool of corruption is to remember,,liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Burrass has been a part of Chicago Politics for many years and knows the Machine well ... He is another do nothing that collects a pay check, who just happens to be black ... If he wasn't in Politics he'd be on Welfare or in prison with the others like him, CROOK ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

"Third, he's probably going to decline it anyway. -Trappy"

Nice call trappy.

From the news yesterday, 12/31/08

"Mr. Burris made it clear Wednesday that he intends to aggressively fight attempts to block his entrance to the Senate, filing a petition in the Supreme Court of Illinois that challenges efforts by Jesse White, the Illinois secretary of state, to withhold his signature from documents that will send Mr. Blagojevich’s appointment to Washington."

"Well it is in your joy that I regret that I am going to have to be leaving this site. It is my decision to leave as a member tracked me down, as well as my coach and made a call to him saying that I had made anti-gun statements. I had made one anti-gun statement during my duration, near the very beginning of my stay at this site and it was me saying that "I don't believe that everyone should be able to walk around with an assault weapon." This quote is not direct, I don't have the exact message, I just know it was somewhere along these lines. Well that was a few years ago now, and views have changed. I was rather naive and ignorant to the reasoning behind assault weapons, but now I know. I was also accused of name calling. It is unfortunate as that is exactly what I stay away from, and try to keep my posts and constructive as possible. Though they are typically not looked upon in a good light, I do not make personal attacks, yet that was unfortunately said. I apologize to those I offended, it was definitely not my intent. All in all I have learned a lot, and appreciate those who gave me encouragement, as it is all a part of my learning process in life. I also appreciate those who did not give me encouragement, but made constructive posts none the less. I wish I didn't have to leave, but it is just my decision since I have now become a bit more public, and I do not want the attention. Thanks to all, -Trappy" May 28, 2008

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

19. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

My bad then AJ, thought I heard someone on the news say something along the lines of Burris saying "Thanks but no thanks"
    -Tarppy

20. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

trappy, that must have been about PLEXICO burris.

He was asked if he wanted a free handgun safety course.

They should have asked him if he wanted a free pair of kevlar sweat pants.

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.