1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Baldwin Kaskaskia Motel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by EDGARMCM, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

FYI

If you have reservations at this motel for any Sparta events you may want to check with them. I understand that in a storm about 10 days ago they sustained considerable damage. I have not seen this but have read newspaper reports and received information from a relative who lives at Sparta.

2. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I twouldn't hurt to check for sure but I don't believe he got hit. I own property about a mile from the motel. I was there last weekend & at least from the highway all looked to be O.K. but I would check for sure. About 1/2 mile west of the motel it literally exploded two mobil homes. Looked like a stick of dynamite blew up inside & across the road all homes & mobil homes appear to be untouched. Tornadoes do strange things. I never had one bit of damage but the farm house 1/4 mile away did have some minor damage.
    On the bright side I noticed Blago's name has been removed from the main gate at the World Shooting Complex, an immediate improvement. Colonel
    The motel referenced in the K-River Motel.

3. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Colonel,ope you are correct. As stated I did not see the motel. I was in Sparta last week and noticed that Blago's name was gone. There was no governor's name and no director of IDNR name either. Had a lot of high school shooters and cowboy shooters there Saturday.

4. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I hope so too! As you stated, I would call to be sure. My dad was the construction company foreman on that Motel job site years ago. It was originally built & owned by a local farmer named Falkenhein. Colonel

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

From everything I've heard, it's a nice place with ultra-friendly and cooperative service. I hope it's OK.

Neil

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Drove by last night looked open for business, the actual dammage was on the other side of the river.

Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.