1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Baker SBT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seaone, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seaone

seaone TS Member

Folks,
    A fellow club member has offered to sell me a vintage Baker SBT gun. The action is loose, as well as the stock and forearm. It does close but it's wiggly. The gun has what looks like mother of pearl insets directly behind the action as well as a few on the forearm. The rib is solid and there is no rust. I'm not sure what I'm going to spend to re-furbish back to where it should be to shoot it again and I have no idea if anyone specializes in Baker's.

Problem is, I can't find any info on this particular model. My gun bible has more info on the SXS's. I think I read that Baker produced three different versions of their SBT's. I have always admired the Knick's and 4E's and my thoughts are that this gun might be comparable to the Ithaca. Just not sure. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, please advise. Thanks in advance.

Ken Flanagan

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Ken, If you give me your phone no. I will call you this evening. My sbt book is home with all info in it. From the sounds of things you will spend a few hundred to put it back on face. PM or call me after 7 est my no is 906-869-9959. Bill

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I have had Bakers & they are excellent. Baker started Baker gun co. then sold it the new owners did make a few more (I think). He next started L.C. Smith, sold that also---then started Ithica, all were very high quality I personally prefer the original Bakers, had an ELITE grade that I never should have sold. Hopefully Bill G. has the SBT publication that I had as it contained a lot of very interesting info. Enjoy your "new" gun. Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

baker elite sbt gun for sale