1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Baker Elite release trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seaone, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seaone

seaone TS Member

I have a Baker Elite that will soon be "overhauled" with new wood, a re-blue and a receiver refurb where necessary. It's a very pretty gun and I have decided that this relic (s/n 51259) will be better to shoot than remain in the safe collecting dust. Bob Schultz is taking care of the logistics and I'm really looking forward to the final results. I do have a concern however; has anyone installed a release trigger on this model and does it work well?. I can't pull a trigger to save my life. After 20+ years of releasing something, I'd rather not have to start out with a mechanical handicap. So, is it a possibility? I have corresponded with Phillip Crenwelge and he seems to think that it may be doable, but he's never re-done a Baker. I guess anything's possible, but I'd really like to know ahead of time if this changeover is going to work out the way I hope.
    Appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Ken Flanagan

2. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

If it will help you I have a 4E and a 5E both with Miller release triggers. I have not had either out of the safe in a long time. I had the wood refinished and had the checking redone in a factory correct design. If you have any interest contact me through a private message.

BTW, Phillip had both of these for a while and returned them with a clean bill of health.

Jim R

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Miller is still in business. the convert SxS double triggers to single. Not sure if they still do release work. Just google them. The last Baker was made back in the 20's. Good Luck :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.