1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bag tags with your ATA number

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by recurvyarcher, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I am throwing this out there before I make the investment to have them made up. Would any of you be interested in a large plastic tag that attaches to your shooting bag, guncase, suitcase, etc if it had a trapshooting design, your name, and your ATA number on it? A lost bag service comes with it where your bag (luggage, shooting bag, purse, use your imagination...) will be returned to you if found. The cost would be $10 per tag. This is a market survey. Let me know what you think.

Here is the logo that I plan to use. It is a print that I designed:

[​IMG]

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The problem i see that could occur is someone stealing your luggage thinking there were guns in it. Of course if its a guncase it does have a gun in it. Just my thoughts. I like the artwork you have pictured though.

3. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

How about for your ammo bags and soft gun cases? I've seen them left behind at shoots. That's what I was originally thinking. The luggage was just an additional idea.

Yay or Nay?

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

There are dozens of companies that provide this service already.

5. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

OK, looks like it is a No.

Thanks.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Perhaps 20 years ago, I got the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation to agree to issue ATA-commemorative license plates. The plate would be like the ones we have for colleges, fraternal organizations and such - an ATA logo on the left with a four or five-digit number. I needed orders for 500 plates before they would make them. There was no extra cost beyond PennDOT's customary small fee for a personalized plate, since a donation to an organization was not included.

Electronic communication wasn't common back in the early 1990s, so I mailed flyers to gun clubs and set up a table in the PSSA building at Elysburg during our state shoot. After three months, I had 138 orders so I let the idea die. I think I still have the forms and a PennDot blueprint-like drawing of the proposed plates.

I figured that with Pennsylvania having the most registered trapshooters of any state (back then, at least), 500 would be easy. Burning half of my vacations days for that year sitting at a table at Elysburg for the nine days of our state shoot only netted 36 orders.

Ed

7. grntitan

0   0   0

Sorry Devi but i think it would be a tough sell in this day and age for luggage. I mean you'd probably sell a few but like ED's story above you would waste way more time than money it netted. Now i do like the idea for my shoot bag. I've seen quite a few bags left behind and no ID or idea who they belong to. Although my name is engraved in the lid there are plenty of men that share my name. I'd pay a few bucks for one. What were you think'n it may cost?

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

0   0   0

After two decades in the military where everything you own has your name on it, I carried the long honored habit with me to the civilian world. One day at the range a fellow shooter remarked that it takes a real smart ass to write his name on everthing. I asked him, had he found my glasses case with no name on it what he would do, he replied, I don't know. My reply to him was "hello dumb ass". Jake

9. grntitan

0   0   0

Jake that was/is a very good habit.

10. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

For me to be able to do it, they would cost us all 10 dollars each. The reason that I thought about it was because I once found a shooting bag that had the event and trophy on it, but didn't have a name. I'm sure that it got back to the person, since I left it with club management, but my bag also doesn't have my name on it. Club management wouldn't even have to look up any info with these, because these tags come with a free return service (and the finder just calls the manufacturer for pick up). I like the idea that the finder (if it is a non-shooter) doesn't get my address, but I still get my bag (or whatever I put it on) back. I thought about buying 3: one for my shooting bag, one for my belt/shell bag, and one for my ski jacket.

11. grntitan

0   0   0

For $10 bucks each i'd buy one for me and one for my oldest boy. He could really use for his head to. LOL I like the shooting bag idea but don't know if they'd sell in any numbers. I would love to have two Devi and if you make it happen PM me and i'll give and get the needed info.--Matt

12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

0   0   0

Recently and All-American from KY left his bag at our local shoot. He contacted me via Facebook and he confirmed it was his bag...

A tag sure would have helped.

I will take 2 RecurvyTags....

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.