1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bada Bubinga Dennis DeVault does it AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigdogtx, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Hope these come through. I am REEEAAALLLLLLYYYYY pleased with Dennis and all the folks at DeVault Industries. Fantastic people and exceptional work.

The wood is from Gordy. I call it, Bada....Bubinga!!!

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG][​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

You posted the direct link. If you want to embed the photo post the HTML code.
    Copy and paste the code in the box and your good to go.

Jerbear

3. bigdogtx

Thanks Jer. I updated it.

4. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Thank you Bigdog,

Shame on me for not taking the photo's in the beginning but the camera was broken when the gun was finished. It is even better looking now than when it left here.

Dennis DeVault

5. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Dennis - I want to know how in the world did you do those dovetails???

6. Dennis DeVault

unsingle,

We have a very good computer programmer and he laid out a drawing for us. The stock is placed in a fixture, then to the mill, both pieces are cut to the dimensions on the drawing, then the pieces are very carefully put together and glued prior to the finish being applied. This has kind of cecome a trademark for our work. Thank you,

Dennis DeVault

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Tastes vary. If you're happy with it, and you obviously are, that's all that counts.

Buz

8. bigdogtx

Sharky,

I believe that Gordy called it "exhibition", but I am not sure. You may want to check with him. I am also going to have Ahrends make me some grips for my .45 with some of the left overs.

Merry Christmas

9. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Dennis,

Please contact me at the email above, xxx removed. I want to discuss using your services for personal reasons as well as recommending you to several myrtlewood and maple clients of mine asking for a top-notch custom stocking service.

Mike Mann ATA Life 0734685

10. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Uuuhh, that certainly is a beautiful piece of wood with top of the line workmanship, but I'll bet that Mama wasn't home when you layed that greasy old gun on that beautiful white bedspread and pillows for the pictures....that could cause another trip to the Emergency Room.. (heh heh)

LDA

11. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

Alfferman66:

"Tastes vary. If you're happy with it, and you obviously are, that's all that counts".

Sounds like you dont like it? Is there something that don't catch your fancy? Not too be nosey but I'm thinking about having a stock made and would like to hear all opinions!!....Nuc Ps Sharky you too..

12. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

Maybe I'm not seeing everything,but is the checkering missing? Would the price of checkering be that much more to have it not done on a gun like this one? Nuc

13. bigdogtx

I got it without the checkering. I had seen another gun that Dennis had done without the checkering and really liked it, so that is the way I ordered it. Since it is a custom, you can have it done any way YOU like it.

14. Dennis DeVault

Checkering is always included in our pricing unless the person does not want it. This stock had finger grooves in the grip and it would have been difficult to checker and make it look right. Since we did not do the stock we left the forend uncheckered as well upon the customers request. In the future, if Bigdog wants the gun checkered he can send it back with no charge for the checkering. Merry Christmas and a ver Happy New Year to all.

Dennis DeVault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shemale denni doesi