1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad, WW, 22 rimfire ammo...........

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plabels466, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plabels466

plabels466 Member

I was given some Winchester Xpert HV 36 grain, 1280 fps. ammo...This ammo is Winchester/NRA marksmanship Qualification Program ...500 rounds per box...Lot # - 2EA82L......I dumped all 500 rounds on a bench & selected 40 rounds at random....Every round the lead bullet was very loose, like not enough crimp.....I tried shooting this ammo out of by Ruger 10/22 & SW mod 41... It will not feed...I loaded it single shot in the Ruger rifle - 4-5'group at 25 yards....Believe me when I say 'loose'....This is defective ammo....I am just letting all my great friends on TS.com aware of this.....- If you buy this ammo, please open the box & test it...Now I tried the Winchester web site for a tele # & could not find any ....I want to make WW aware of this problem ammo...Also I would like to exchange it....It may work in a revolver but I don't shoot revolvers...Would someone have a tele # for WW that I can contact & tell them what I have??? Thanks..... I alway shoot WW ammo & never had any problems...Thanks ----Pete

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Yours isn't the only box - I got a 'value pack' of the WW XPERT junk last year when that was all there was on the shelf. Ignition was really poor with about 10% duds and the rounds that did go had a wide range of report levels indicating variuos powder charges. The stuff wasn't even suitable for plinking.

3. MAX & TOBY

MAX & TOBY Member

I also had bad Win 22 ammo that would not work in a Browning Buckmark. I was so frustrated that I called Winchester and the guy on the other end said to use it in a rifle or give it away, there was nothing he could do. I asked if he wanted the lot # and info and he again said no "just give it away if you don't want it." Needless to say, I solved the problem - I now shoot CCI.

4. capulona

capulona TS Member

Thanks for the info, I had to look through my stockpile. I have the copper jacketed that comes in the 555 round value pack, also 1280fps, and these were fine thru both of my Ruger 10/22's (one from the 80's and a brand new compact for my 10 year old)

5. Old Confederate

Old Confederate TS Member

I bought 2 cases of Win. Super X 37 gr. hollow points and 2 boxes will lead the barrel of a K22 so bad it throws the bullet sideways. I was going to call Win. but from what y'all say I will just be wasting my time. I have a case and half left and are not going to shoot them so if Win. won't trade them I will just mark it up to education. Larry

6. plabels466

plabels466 Member

WOW!!! If WW has that attitude & will not back their products maybe we all should consider buying other brands of ammo!!!!!!!! My expierence & what I have seen written on these pages are all compliments from satisfied shooters regarding guns/ammo related companies on how they back all their products.......I am still looking for a tele# to call........Thanks for your replys.............Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.