1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad weekend of shooting....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ColtM1911A1, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

Had the worst shooting weekend in my life. Don't know why, I only know I shot very poorly and need some of your stories to pump me up for next weekend events....

Y'all got some shooting horror stories?

2. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

AN OLD TIMER TRAP SHOOTER TOLD ME ONCE " YOU MAY THINK YOU HAVE SHOT YOUR LOWEST HANDICAP SCORE....BUT MAYBE NOT" I THINK HE IS RIGHT...SMOKIT

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

ColtM1911A1

I'd be willig to bet that for most of us our "worst weekend of shooting ever" would still be better than our "best working week ever". Marc

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

If you want to make God smile just tell him your plans.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jackson... Shoulda been at MOnticello. I broke 88 from 26, but handled the TMX really well. Saturday I broke 76 form 26 at "O Clare" and it was a two bottle of wine night to figure out what I was doing wrong. If you want some advice/coaching holler at me. Or ask Mark if it would benefit you.

Jackson

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I have had such a bad year, my class rating has slipped from bottom A to top C, and my handicap scores are so terrible I don't even want to talk about it.

I am so depressed, I am thinking about switching to skeet, or becoming a Democrat. I don't know which would be worse:)

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I like that idea sarge, but seems I am getting more tired in my old age and even though I exercise everyday, get plenty of sleep and eat right, my stamina is petering out...............along with some other things.

Part of the problem becoming an old geezer is getting better at complaining and shooting worse.

8. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

Thanks, MIA, and I probably should have gone to Monte....no, I'll be fine. Since I have a dozen or so guns to fix in the next few weeks, I'll be very, very busy; too busy to take Sarge's advice, but I'll start banging them again Tuesday and quit messing around with different guns. I'll just stick with the Mono-Gun for the single birds and work up that MX3 for doubles....

I was just switching back and forth between three guns to make a consistent weekend....Cya soon and thanks to all for your replies. I'm not really looking for horror stories, mainly the recover stories after a short slump....GL

Your quick turn-a-round is just the kind of story I wanted...good show, Jack...

9. William Perry

William Perry Member

Remember this: It's only a game. Nobody will probably die from a bad day breaking clays. I spent almost two years in and out of Viet Nam. Then 32 years as an air traffic controller. I remind myself and my friends of this following a bad day.

Bill

10. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

I can relate. For the past year, my scores have seesawed and I have gone from a A-B shooter to a C shooter. I've tried everything: one-eyed shooting, two eyes, low hold, high hold, quick mount, slow mount, changing my call, you name it. It's driving me crazy. This week it's back to basics: working on my gun holds and keeping that barrel still. maybe keeping it simple will work for you, too.

11. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

A wise skeet shooting friend once consoled me during one of my many "slumps":

"Always remember...If you are shooting bad scores, no one cares. If you are shooting good scores, they care even less."

Best Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.