1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BAD WEATHER TODAY, LET'S TALK GUNS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    bad weather today, so much snow, have no idea where to put it. my driveway is getting more narrow as i speak. expecting another snowstorm, at the present time, a lot of rain. looks like some basements will be flooding if it doesn't turn to snow. the ground is froze. here is my 2 cents worth.

best combo trap gun ever made = Perazzi mx8
    best pump= rem 870
    best skeet gun= 1100
    best sporting clays gun= i really don't know? but i see a lot of beretta 391's at the club.
    best duck hunting gun=??? for reliability beretta 391?
    i don't know about the best pump answer, 870 or model 12??? i like the feel of the model 12 better for trap. but, i gave it to the 870- due to it has twin action bars.
    what do you think?
    steve balistreri

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Same here in KC. Clear and still (snow "clear" up to your ankles and "still" coming down.)

I think the "twin action bars" of the 870 is overrated. Ithaca Model 37's (another great pump gun) work quite well without them.

3. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

I'd have to go with the model 12 myself.

4. Timbob44

Timbob44 Member

I'd have to go with the Model 12 also. 870 no were near its class. Just my view. Thanks,Tim

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Don't know a lot about combos, but I've had 4 Perazzis including an MX-8 and have a very low opinion of them. To each his own. As far as the double vs the single action bar...have you ever known of a M-12 that broke off the action bar? I've had some dozen of them and have never known or heard of one breaking the action bar, but have personally seen two 870's break them.

Buz

6. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

alfermann66-i have never had a model 12 action bar break, but had an extractor break. i have had 1 870 action bar break on me. when i first started shooting in 1970 i purchased a model 37 trap new in the box from a guy. had beautiful wood, wish i never wood have sold it. friend of mine, said i dont think there were a large number of 37 traps made? thanks for your response to my thread. your right!
    steve balistreri

7. Bridger

Bridger Member

Lousy day, trying to find a day to shoot this winter has been tough. Rained hard this morning ( Madison, Wi) and now heavy snow. Trees have a lot of ice on them and we could see some damage there. Travel will be tough today and tomorrow. Glad I am retired and don't have to worry about the morning commute. As for pump guns, the Model 12 is still my favorite. Just never got too excited about anything else. I've owned Remington 31 and had an Ithaca 37 trap that had the slickest action of any pump gun I have ever cycled but on the light side for a trap gun. All great guns though.

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It's been lousy (weather) here for months. I just want a little dry weather and some sun.

9. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sorry guys but I haven'thad a shovelable snow yet here in central New Jersey. No missed days of shooting all winter "Yet". Best pointing trap gun, Remington "32", best pump Remington "31", best autoloader Remington 1100.
    JMO

Ed Yanchok

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've got 870's and Model 12's....and love them both....the exquisite sounds of the tighly machined Model 12 action opening and closing are music...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.