1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad TS deal - resolved

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kfbagt, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

I placed an ad here on TS.com in early April searching for a PW 800+ loader. A gentleman here sent me a private email offering a machine. We came to terms on price and shipping and I sent him the money. He in turn did his part and shipped the loader.

It arrived at my office damaged beyond repair, the cast base was broken, the primer feed assembly and track was torn off and several other pieces and parts on the machine were broken off. I promptly notified UPS about a damage claim and they came the next day and took the loader back.

The short story is this.... The machine was returned to the seller in early May, it is my understanding that UPS is going to pay him for the damage but I don't know for sure because they can only talk to the seller, not the receiver of the item so they won't talk to me. So, I don't have the broken loader or my money back. The seller won't answer or return my phone calls. I have talked to his wife, who is a very nice, sweet lady, multiple times but he won't come to the phone and won't return my emails or phone calls.

I feel like I am getting the shaft. I hope this man gets his money back from UPS but to be honest, that is his problem, not mine. I should have had my money returned long ago.

Am I wrong about this? Am I being unfair? I don't want to mention his name right out of the gate, I am hoping he will read this post and realize that enough is enough. What do you guys think?

Paul

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The guy is a weasel and is avoiding talking to you because he chooses not to correct the problem.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

By all means he should refund your money now. It will take UPS a long time to settle but that is his prob. Same thing happened to me but a good seller on here "BILLGRILL" did the right thing and sent me a refund. Most sellers on here would do the same

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Sad to say he has his broken reloader back and your money. He will hold that money until he gets re-imbursed from UPS . Not the way a good deal should go down . Why he doesn`t call you makes me very suspicious of who this person is you have dealt with .

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

ljutic111--You might be right but failure to get on the phone like a grown MAN is just pathetic. What a little twerp. Perhaps had he answered one of the calls and explained this to the OP he would not have had to make such a thread. Communication is key even when things don't go as planned. Would like to know his side but he will probably have his wife do that too.

These are the people that give the Buy/Sell here a bad name. Why hide like a scared little girl?

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rat him out he deserves it. Let the rest of us know who he is so he can't do it to us. Bill

7. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

From your post it sounds as if you have tried to contact him numerous times over a significant period of time such that this is not just a failure to connect.

I agree that as decribed, the guy's a rat and you should rat him out so others may beware of him.

I have done a number of deals with TS.com folks and they have all been handled in a very gentlmanly like manner with good results for all. There is no excuse for this type of behavior.

8. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

I have called his home at least ten times. Sent half a dozen emails and a very polite private message early this morning to which I have still gotten no response. Yesterday his wife said he was out in the yard and that she couldn't find him.

This man is probably 70 I would guess and I am sure is a nice fellow. I think he will send my money back IF ( yes IF ) he gets paid back by UPS. Thats just not right in my book.

Paul

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

After 10 calls and many emails it's fairly evident the man doesn't want to talk with you about anything Paul. Nice as his wife is, possibly they are total opposites? If others knew his name, shooters at his club might remind him also if they knew the circumstances? He already has your loader cash, waiting for more before he makes things right with you is way outa the bounds of fairness! Let his friends know!!

Hap

10. djldb6

djldb6 Member

You should give us his name so we don't get scammed as well, like the next time he sells his broken loader.

Dan

11. djldb6

djldb6 Member

You should give us his name so we don't get scammed as well, like the next time he sells his broken loader.

Dan

12. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Well I just called his home again and my call went straight to their voice mail without ringing, like my number may have been blocked.

I really, really hate to do this but what else can I Do? He lives in Washington St and I'm in Ky so there's no chance of meeting face to face. I hope someone may change his mind about this situation.

Paul

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Rick--I think you mean "incorrectly". Thats UPS's main scapegoat answer. I worked 12 years in shipping/receiving for a company. They like to claim items were packed poorly so they can avoid payment. We had a great regional agent that helped us collect when they played this game. If the seller had not packaged the loader properly he should man up and pay the OP promptly. What a weasel not to just talk things over. He's probably hiding under the bed.

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

How much money are we talking about here?

15. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

16. Swimdad13

Swimdad13 Member

Without insurance, UPS will only go up to $100 if at all. I had a custom 2-piece fly rod show up in five pieces. Seller didn't insure, but was man enough to make it right by me. UPS customer service was a joke - all I got was the company line all the way. Good luck. The seller should return your money. If he asked if you wanted insurance and you refused, then that's another story but it doesn't sound like that happened. Always insure anything over $100. My $0.02 -Bob.

17. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

It was insured for the full amount.

18. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

I have called his home at least ten times. Sent half a dozen emails and a very polite private message early this morning to which I have still gotten no response. Yesterday his wife said he was out in the yard and that she couldn't find him.

This man is probably 70 I would guess and I am sure is a nice fellow. I think he will send my money back IF ( yes IF ) he gets paid back by UPS. Thats just not right in my book.

Paul

19. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

After 10 calls and many emails it's fairly evident the man doesn't want to talk with you about anything Paul. Nice as his wife is, possibly they are total opposites? If others knew his name, shooters at his club might remind him also if they knew the circumstances? He already has your loader cash, waiting for more before he makes things right with you is way outa the bounds of fairness! Let his friends know!!

Hap

20. djldb6

djldb6 Member

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.