1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad TS.com advice ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dickgshot, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Try this: Feet apart shoulder width, 45 degree angle to target line, load shell, close gun, raise gun to your shoulder, cheek firmly on stock, gun barrel 2 feet above house, eyes ahead, lower gun, open gun, remove shell, turn around 90 degrees, walk back to clubhouse, sit down, have a cup of coffee, explain: " I think I've got it now, so I'm saving these shells for the next shoot."

2. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Kinda' reminds me of an elderly gentleman who offered his words of wisdom about this great sport nearly 25 years ago. He was in his early 70s then, so he may have passed on already - I do not know.

We were sitting on the bench under the porch of a small gun club. That club has since ceased to shoot, also........development.

He continued to watch the shooting action, never actually looking my way - and said in a soft voice : "You know, son. Many years ago, I saw them shoot for the very first time in my life. I figured that with a "couple practice", I could hit 'em all...............

..............I've been "practicing" ever since.

I'll never forget those words.

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

If you drove a German car I could help you. The answer is so obvious.

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Wake up and smell the coffee, Dennis.

Got that far?

Good, now look in the mirror and see who it is you're trying to help.

Got that done?

Okay, nuff said......

Hauxfan!

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Change to 8.5's, Go to all white shoes, and change your hat. Works for me.

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Lit, when was the last time someone bent your barrel?? I'm asking this because you've been out of the loop for a while....the bend may not have been permanent. More than likely, it needs to be bent again.....your stock may have become unbent also....did ANYONE bend your stock??? A good way to tell would be to mount your gun, close your eyes THEN open them. If you can see your butt plate when you open your eyes, then you know the bend is still there.

Just trying to help.

Tron

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Excellent parody Denny. Really hits the bullseye, it's so funny isn't it. Did you ever consider becoming a writer?

PS, What ever happened to Weekly World News, it's so lonely in the checkout line.

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Mr. Lit, as I read your post I realized your problem is just that you haven't closely-enough followed the reloading advice so widely available here:

[​IMG]

As you can tell from the background, this photo is not my own, but rather submitted by one of our Aussie friends.

Neil

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jerry, Denny's been a decent writer for a long time. Question is; whens he gonna become a shooter? :)

Hey music man, yer poi is way off guy!! It shoulda been 79-7/8 over 20-1/8, gheesh,, some can't handle good info when it bites them on the butt. That, accordin to Neil. :) Hap

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Looks like the work of a reloader getting ready for the Buddy shoots ... Some of the shells they used to shoot in the Annies and other games should of been shot out of something that had wheels on it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Learn to control the shot string using brain waves. That's the ticket. HMB

12. otnot

otnot Active Member

You have sooo much to learn. You haven't even begun to experiment with all the little nuances of shooting a good score. I personally think you could be having a cross eyed dominate problem. Keep up the good work and you ought to run out of new things to try in another 20 years. I like to use the KISS method myself.

13. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I think I have the answer.....were you wearing the white pants?

maybe if you came to the Montana State Shoot. We in the west always hear how easy our targets are. You would undoubtably run them all...Think about it..a 400 Just like Phil K. Woooooo Hooooooo

see ya at the next big one.....Rickyd

14. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

come on Hap, didn't you read my ps.

15. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

JerryP, World Weekly News was not able to compete in their niche, absurdity, with the daily papers on the rack next to them.

Neil

16. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Lit,

Clearly you need to have your barrel cryogenic treated. If you will send me your gun and all of the money you can lay your hands on I will be able to solve your problem. You are in luck because I am about to have my spring special (before the weather warms too much}

I look forward to treating you.

Cryo Jim Brown

17. m70win

m70win Member

Hey Lit, Boxers or Briefs?? Right handed shooter should keep his barrel bent to the left for better balance.

I wouldn't let a guy named Tron anywhere near my barrel.

Tim

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Simple. You haven't gotten your lobotomy. The confusion will go away immediately.

HM

19. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Lit,

I am sorry but I am temporarily out of turkeys. I would, however, be able to throw in 1/2 of a chicken salad sandwich. The sandwich is in pretty good shape as it was leftovers from a little Tex-Mex drive-in I ate in last week down on the border close to Naco. Let me know pretty soon if you are interested in the sandwich. If you aren't interested I plan to have it for supper tonight.

Cryo Jim Brown

20. MNGopher

MNGopher TS Member

Shave your legs, wear a camo thong, and always tell the scorer that she/he looks good...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.