1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bad service at Briley??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3357, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3357

3357 Member

Has anyone had a bad service experience at/with Briley? I shipped my gun to them first of February/UPS confirmed delivery/I enclosed a letter requesting work to be done and requesting a call to confirm work request and price/would then give them credit card info to complete work.

I called them 3 days after delivery to confirm reciept/they were unable to locate my gun but advised they would call back when located/1 week later I called them again/advised they had located gun and begun work on same/would be complete and shipped to me in 2 weeks (end of February)All I could get was a "sorry" we did not call before starting work.

First of march I called them to confirm completion and that gun had been shipped/was told they were not sure work was done and "thought" gun had not been shipped.

Asked to speak with supervisor who located gun, confirmed work was about 70% completed and gun would ship at the end of March/ he finally asked for credit card info to pay for work. When asked he said they typically dont call to discuss work requested/if you sen gun and they can do work they just do it.

Supervisor could not give me a firm price for work/said I would recieve a detailed bill with gun.

This has been very frustrating as my old faithfull bt-99 is a hostage. All I wanted was a mild back bore to remove some minor pitting/adjust choke to 38 thousandths and jewel monoblock.

Anyone else experiance these frustrations / issues with Briley? Thank you in advance for your comments. jess

2. tp

tp TS Member

I just got a set pf Perazzi O/U barrels back. I called and spoke to Gary before I sent them as I had some questions. The barrels came back on time with all the work done as it was supposed to be. Excellent work, by the way. I know there have been some others who posted about problems with Briley. They have worked on at least 6 barrels for me and I have never had anything but excellent work and service.

3. 3357

3357 Member

thank you all for the re-assurance, I am feeling better. jess

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Well sorry to mention this but since Feb 2007 they have damaged my Rem 1100 12ga trap barrel beyond repair, still working on that. And a 20ga choke was shipped to me damaged, also waiting for that to be resolved. Dave T.

5. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

I had a superposed lighting done they did it as quoted for price quoted and in a timely manner,I did learn not to send in before grand american there loaded then so I waited later in year. Great work at a pricey price. Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.