1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad news from Valley Gun Club, Elysburg, Pa.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Pa Clay Trgt, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pa Clay Trgt

Pa Clay Trgt TS Member

The many shooters that love to frequent the "Ice House" at Pssa home grounds,will be shocked to learn the Board of Governors have eliminated the paid bartender position, and mailed their decision to Margaret. The letter stated the bartenders will be unpaid volunteers. I think we know what that means. The decision is said to be a cost saving measure after the club spent big bucks refurbishing the bathrooms and new floor in the bar room. I guess working for the club for over 10 years is not worth a face to face fireing. Margaret will be missed but has been offered several jobs in the area. We wish her Good Luck.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Talk about gutless.

3. Boske

Boske TS Member

This club is avery rich club. The best asset to the club was Margret and her personality. Damn shame. Place keeps going down hill.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Apparently the Board of Directors is run by their wives.....

It always has amazed me how evil wives become when a good looking woman runs a bar.

Just a bunch of sissy men running that club!!

Curt

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Read the By-Laws of the club. Can the decision of the Board be overturned by the membership? HMB

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

That is a bad decision that is only rivaled by the Eagles letting Brian Dawkins go.

7. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

My Unkle ownes a Bar just over the Hill ( I am guessing about 12 miles away ) in Kulpmont ( Kulpmont is between Mt. Carmel and Shamokin ) Tell Margaret to go there to apply for a job and We Drinking Trapshooters will follow... THE ALLEY INN !!!! 14 th and Oak st. <a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/drhuner/?action=view&current=AlleyInnZoomed.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/drhuner/?action=view&current=AlleyInn.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

8. TjayE

TjayE Member

drhunter, what is the name of your uncle's bar. We will visit him this summer while at the Elysburg shoots. Thanks

9. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Alley Inn 14 th and Oak st.

10. zinger

zinger Member

Well, I can tell you one thing you can take to the bank...I will not be at the bar now that Margaret is gone. What were those idiots thinking? Margaret was the only reason that place made any money! What voluteer is going to stay until midnight or beyond? I might have to stop by once just to see how badly they slit their throats on this one.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Is the board made up of Obamadites?? Because they sound pretty stupid

12. porky

porky TS Member

See if you can find where Margaret has gone to so we can visit her when we go to Elysburg. Thanks in advance.

13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Simple Vern-Chuck!!

14. zinger

zinger Member

Don't worry Vern, rumor has it they don't want the kitchen anymore either...guess all that money they got from the reclaimed shot made them all feel like Donald Trumps?

15. acre44

acre44 Member

Margaret was very nice down there but I can see why they are cutting back. The bar side of the business had been getting weaker and they cut the hours of operation way back. It wasn't making financial sense to stay open when you weren't making enough money to pay the help, let alone make any profit. You George W supporters should read this slowly so you don't respond like a dumbazz.

Toad.

16. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Look it's a club run by politics not MBA's.

Since the bar and food are for the members I would think it should be up to them and not a few on a board.

Cutting down on conveinces will ultimatly result in a loss of shooters and club revenue. My oppinion.

The Idea of a volunteer being a cost saving measure is probably a bad decision.

Inventory control will be a nightmare: make it byob or the spillage will be enough to pay for two or three bartenders.

Liability will surly close the grounds when a volunteer over serves someone and they go out on the road and create a fatality.(good thinking PSSA)

I wonder who is going to be paying for drinks when the only people in the bar will be friends of an unpaid volunteer?

This is just my opinion and the membership can do as they see fit. I just think this was more reaction without thinking. Probably someone who is jealous or has a problem with the bartender.

17. Pa Clay Trgt

Pa Clay Trgt TS Member

What the club was paying her($9.00)hr would not compare to the amount of money they put in their bank each week. She only worked on Wed.nite and Sunday afternoon and evening. And the 14 hr days during the shoots. The driving force behind this is Mr. Carl Dick, (that fits) who has disliked Margaret for some time and worked the other "A" members over till they broke down and agreed with him. The "B" members don't really care what happens at the club as long as they can get cheap beers. I'm sure she will be fine and the club will suffer more than her. Pa claybuster

18. acre44

acre44 Member

Hey look tricky Dick made a nice typical repuke response. I forgot what was the DOW at when old GW left the white house in December, you puke? You in typical GW repuke blindness forget all and start labeling everyone a liberal. I didn't even vote for obama, you idiot. Go drink another yuengling quart Dick and eat some more of that fruitcake that your repuke buddies sent you while I talk to Margaret at her new job.

Toad.

19. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Bad things happen to stupid people! Especially when they let their wives run their lives.

Bunch of sissyboys!!

Curt

20. zinger

zinger Member

There is no doubt in my mind that Margaret is the winner here and we are the losers. For the record, the PSSA has absolutely nothing to do with the VGC's decision. They only use their facility during shoots. The nimrod politicians that sit upstairs are to blame. Too bad they won't let their members vote on decisions that are for the "good of the club".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
eleysburg gun club pa 2010 trap shooters places

elysburg gun club

elysburg gun club elysburg pa

elysburg gun club jobs

pa claybuster 300
valley gun club elysburg pa
valley gun club elysburg pa pictures
valley trap club elysburg