1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad News From Remington-No Rebates

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oleolliedawg, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Word from the SHOT show is Remington will NOT offer rebates for shotshell target ammo this year. Looks like the dumpsters will need more emptying.
    Federal and Winchester WILL be offering theirs. This came from a very reliable source!!

2. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Remington will not get my business this year as they still have not sent my rebate from the shells I bought back in July at the Iowa State Shoot. Bob Roberts

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

That'd be a bad decision on Remington's part. I prefer Remington, but will shoot AAs if they are 25% less after the rebate. I no longer have any brand loyalty when it comes to factory ammo, and will shoot whatever offers me the best value in the 12, 20, or 28, and I shoot my handloads in the .410. Lately I've just been buying Estate 20ga and shooting them, I like they as much as STS, and I don't have to mess around with a rebate or selling the hulls. I'm strongly considering shooting factory WAA28s this year as well, they offer a better value then my reloads after you factor in the rebate and selling the hulls.

I believe Remington is a more popular shell, at least among trapshooters, but I believe a LOT of people will jump ship back to Winchester if they offer a rebate and Remington doesn't, making them $20/flat cheaper.

On the other hand,,,maybe they are going to drop their price $20/flat and eliminate the rebate that way. Fingers crossed, but I doubt it.

4. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

If Winchester and Federal do it, I bet they will get on board

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Hard to imagine that Remington would not follow along if Win and Fed have the rebate.

6. oleolliedawg

Remington's response is they are now owned by a huge conglomerate and have no desire to be price competetive with Winchester and Federal. Some people will notice that the recent shortage of Remington primers is related to that logic!!

7. white rattler

white rattler Member

I would not be surprised if they do not up the price of their shells. Trevor Dawe

8. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I stopped reloading when the differential between my loads and reasonably price factory shells was around a dollar. I'll load again when I can see potential savings above $2.00 per box, maybe even $3.00. If I had to buy factory loads at $7.50 or higher, I'd be reloading (at today's prices for components). But, I can still find good factory loads for $5.25.

I like Nitros, STS, and AAs, but I do just about as well (or as poorly depending on your perception) with Gun Clubs, Estates, and those cool federal Red, White and Blue shells.

Larry

9. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

The Wounded Warrior shells are incentive enough. I shoot Federals until I could not get Federal wads. The Downrange is not a problem as was one of the other after market replacements. Looks like it will be purple power for a good while to come.

10. oleolliedawg

Trevor, Remington has significantly upped their shell prices already!!

11. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

It is my understanding that Remington might be getting out of the ammo business. Don't know how much truth there is to it, but found it interesting none the less.

Chad

12. msmith

msmith Member

bummer!, looks like I will be shooting Winchesters and will be selling some more small gauge hulls. Last year I played the rebate games and had rebates sent to my house, work place, aunt, sister, parents and sons girl friends house. Boy, I was sweating bullets when they broke up 2 days after I sent in the rebate. Lucky for me Remington took there time refunding the rebate and they got back together and I did see my $$. Mike

13. Kzoo-Greg

Kzoo-Greg TS Member

While purchasing a couple of flats of Remington STS on Fri. from a local vendor I was told that unless something changes they would not be ordering any more shotshells from Remington. They are having a price increase for 2012 that the other companies are not. Trying to sell STS or Nitro's at substantially more money than Gold Medal's or AA's is not worth it to them. Seems Remington is getting a little to proud of their product.

14. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Chad.......I really doubt that will happen...I'm just sayin'.....Uncle Sam, Pa.

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

There is no remington! Cerberus investment capital. Investment bankers looking to suck every ounce of profit and then liquidate whats left. After my last customers service nightmare with the Company formarly known as Remington. I won't be shooting any of their products shells or guns.
    Joe

16. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

Olliedog......I was told the same decision regarding the Remmie rebates by an individual who sells Remmies by the pallets. It seems the CEO who took over Rem (from a diaper & Q tip company) knows ALL ABOUT SHOOTERS!! It is indeed a sad thing for clay shooters. Does this mean that Remmie casings will go from .04 & .05 cents to .06 and .07 for all who reload? I will be returning from the Dollar in April and I will have a few casings that never touched the ground. Hell in the 60's and 70,s I thought the AA's were the best. run'em..DanB

17. quartering

quartering Active Member

doesn't make any sense. if mcd, bk and wendys all sell their #1 combo for $4.99 and mcd and bk say they're gonna offer a 25% discount for 6 months on the #1 combo, what do you think is going to happen to wendys #1 combo sales? the only way remington isn't going to offer a rebate is if they already know that winchester and federal aren't going to be offering a rebate either. good luck with it

18. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bet you Remington will come around and smell the coffee before the Grand.

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My dealings with Remington/Cerberus are totally over after they did what to Marlin (my favorite rifle Co.) they totally ruined the product and its reputation not to mention what they did to people who worked there for generations after making the promises to treat everybody as good as the Kennas who owned Marlin always did..their ammo has been crappy lately anyway...no skin of my nose

20. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Maybe it's time we all got together and started our own company? Sound outlandish? Why the heck not? We already control most of the spent lead and hulls. Who says you HAVE to use new components to sell a box of shells? Spent hulls can be used at least once in most cases. Spent primers can be sold for scrap. The lead is laying in the field of every trap range in the country. This isn't rocket science. Maybe it's time WE took the bull by the horns and did ourselves right. Why not? Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.