1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad microphones!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ffwildcat, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Another whiny trapshooter complaining about shoot conditions........gee, what a surprise.

Went to shoot at a new facility today, 1st time my son and I had shot there. The microphones were amazingly bad but at least they were consistent - they sucked for everybody. It sometimes took as many as 3-4 calls (more in some cases) to launch a target. LOTS of bad body language, frustrated shooters and missed targets.

This wasn't just one microphone, it was all of them on both traps (only 2 trap club) and this wasn't old beat up equipment, they were the newer type that we see at Kingsburg, wireless, voice activated.

9 squads (not all full), 7 hours to shoot singles and handicap only.....what a joke.

Would it be permissible to request for hand puller even after shoot has started?

What would you do in a situation like that?
  2. duch

duch TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    ffwildcat have the receiver mounted at the 16 yard line and the system works great we use the same unit and we have very little trouble .
    Read the directions on the position of the mics and you will not have to much trouble with the units.Have used the units for 2 year and have a few problems but it works fine now.
    pair a smoken
  3. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Walk off the post and put your gun in the rack. Request shoot management to get it fixed before you continue.

Were they Outers wireless units??

You are the customer last time I checked!

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    What kind of voice call system were they using? What kind of traps? Maybe it could have been cured by a simple adjustment on the trap?

John C. Saubak
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shoot microphone