1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad ebay deal

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SOLOR GUY, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLOR GUY

SOLOR GUY TS Member

you are nuts to leave negative feed back for that. sounds like you got a pretty good deal.Thats just part of the ebay deal, a guy has to learn how to read the description and KNOW WHAT IT MEANS. If you dont know the rules dont play the game

2. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

I believe the negative feedback system should be reserved for items not received, received damaged, or not as described. Don't throw a fit over a few dollars.

Ask yourself:

Did you get the barrels?

Were they in the condition the seller described?

If so then I would say you had a very succesful ebay transaction.

Just my opinion,

Mr. Mark

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

if you can afford Perazzi barrels you dont need to worry about 13.00 rick

4. dshot

dshot Member

E-bay sucks, I paid for two items and never received them.

5. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

Marked up shipping seems to be one of the ways some sellers make sure they get "extra funds" in an auction. I once "won" such an item without paying attention to the shipping cost listed. Ended up paying much more than the item would have cost retail at the local gun store for the item. Case in point, last night an auction with four boxes of small caliber pistol brass, they want $12 to ship. No way it weighs over two pounds, and guess they never heard of the $8 bulk fill priority box where it doesn't matter what it weighs.

Also, I have learned to read a few of the feed back comments of the seller before bidding to determine if I really want to go through with the deal.

Sounds like this deal wasn't especially smooth, you did get the barrels?

6. JLW

JLW TS Member

I'd attempt to resolve the issue by email, phone or letter,stating negative feedback will be left if he does not return the unused postage. He morally owes you the money.

I have bought and sold a lot on Ebay and have never had a problem that could not be resolved by comminicating.-Jerald

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I'll never buy another item on ebay. Too many ripoff artist playing the word game. Those who say it is foolish to leave a negative feedback probably sell on ebay alot. If it is a sloppy transaction on the seller's part, and communication sucks, a nuetral or neg. response is legit.

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Just remember one thing. When you can go through the PO. If anything goes wrong the PO will and I MEAN WILL go after them.They do not like it when they are used to cheat people. Shipping is always jacked up to make some extra money on the deal.

9. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

I agree. It's aggravating, but not worth messing up a guy's feedback over. Most of the people who sell on E-Bay are honest. They also do it part-time, so they may not ship or respond as quickly as you might like. There is no other place in the world where you can find the variety of stuff that is on E-Bay. It is also a great place to sell extra stuff and put your item in front of millions of people. Try that at a garage sale. If you don't like E-Bay, don't go there. If you want to bid on an item, read the terms of the sale and ask questions. I've bought tons of stuff on E-bay from signed Warhols to antique motorcycle parts. I've also sold lots of stuff there. It's a great venue to put buyers with sellers. No, it's not perfect, but it's lots of fun!

10. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

When I sell something on Ebay I will let the people know when I get payment and when I ship things out. When buying I will let the person know when I sent the money and when the item gets to me and then leave feedback when the deal is done. If not for weekends or holidays I will ship that day and ot the first thing the next day or buisness day. I to have a problem with people who sit on their back side and do things when they feel like it. Yes there are good people on ebay but I expect people to do as they say and do as they should. I will leave bad feedback on someone just to warn others of the uncaring attiuted of a seller or buyer. I feel that is very important just like warning people at a club of a person who can not be trusted in a gun deal.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I love EBay, I never bid on anything or buy anything and they keep sending me stuff, some of which I don't even know what it is in tubes and boxe's ... Life is full of surprises since I got an EBay account, who would of thunk ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

Alot of ebay sellers charge more for shipping and start the bid on the item less. This lowers commissions and listing fees to ebay. Choke tube 5 bucks with 5 dollars shipping is 10. Same tube may be listed by another seller starting at 2 bucks with 7.99 shipping. Again total is 10 bucks. Alot of buyers buy the 2 dollar tube and then bitch about the shipping cost. The TOTAL should be taken into consideration from the gitgo and one should never expect the seller to lower his stated shipping charges after the auction. This was not the case here, but it happens alot.

13. Trucido

Trucido TS Member

Here is my take, having done MANY online deals, including ~50 buy/sell on ebay.

Given the above website being the location of auction, I would simply have not bought the barrels unless I could contact the buyer beforehand, ask all relevant prices and pay via credit card, paypal or some secure payment (not bank check, MO, etc), as this is just asking for trouble. Also - 5 feedback (even with his feedback record & the items listed) is just too small for me to wager a few hundred dollars on. But thats just me.

If I did go ahead and buy this item, I would not send money until I knew EXACTLY how much he wanted, at which time I would have 1 check for the correct amount. Given his ad and the lack of information present, I would have bought this expecting it to take a good amount of time to receive the item, as well as to get in contact with the seller after winning the auction. Basically, your expectations are REALLY high for someone with 5 feedback and ad that looks like it was a made by a 12 year old with english as a 2nd language.

Here is what I think you should have done, based on how you wanted to pay, etc: Figure out how much everything cost, wait for a response on that exact amount, send money, wait 1 week, e-mail if item has not been receive, wait another week, e-mail informing the guy that you are going to get in contact with ebay, wait another week, get in contact with ebay, leave neg feedback and blast the guy here on this forum. You are currently at the first waiting period - you have at least another week before you know this is a sour deal, so don't complain yet, given that this guy is not a 100% reputable seller.

Do the following: Send an e-mail asking for the extra money back. Wait until you receive the package to see if the extra money is inside. If the extra money is inside, leave all good feedback and leave it alone. If the extra money is not inside, e-mail the guy and tell him that unless you receive the extra money within 1 week, you will leave bad feedback ACROSS THE BOARD. If you don't receive the money, leave the bad feedback and leave it alone.

Good luck!
    Kyle

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have to agree with Mike-PerazziBigBore.

When I ship UPS I have to drive 10 miles, and 15 miles for FedEx. I have never charged for the drive. I prefer FedExm but they moved in February from 2 miles away to 15 - my luck.

I don't ship an amount daily to warrant a daily pickup, although I get either UPS or FedEx each day. FedEx charges me $7-$11 to hand the driver a package to put on the truck, but UPS charges me nothing. Unfortunately, I don't always have shipping finished by the time UPS get here.

With the price of gas, I may do like the shippers and charge a small added fee.

Jon - I just shipped a new H-S Precison 30-378 to a trapshooter in Woodside, CA. It costs me $94 to do it, with insurance, 2-day UPS, and a hard case.

IMHO.

Whiz

15. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Just for information , what was the cost of the item bought ?

16. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Barrels arrived- no refund. Since the barrels fit on my receiver like a glove, and my forerm snapped on easily, I left so-so feedback, and case is closed as far as I am concerned. Lots of good advice here. I use bank checks so there is no "fund clearing" time, and have never, before this incident, had to wait more than a day for my purchase to be sent. Jon Osgood

Fer cryin out loud. You bought a set of Perazzi barrels for 800 bucks that fit your gun like a glove and you are cryin because you paid 27 bucks to ship them? Are you kidding me??

17. SOLOR GUY

SOLOR GUY TS Member

thats a deep pocket short arm trapshooter for you.

18. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

jakearoo.........my thoughts exactly. Feedback will kill you

19. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Most deals on E-bay are good for everyone,especially EBAY! The new feed back system is not for the buyer or seller its for EBAY. What they are trying to do is get more fees by not having sellers enflate the shipping cost to avoid Ebay Fees! In your case Jono ,in my opinion you are correct. Communication by some leaves alot to be desired. If you see an item for sale you must factor in the shipping before bidding. I think that the fees can be exorbitant that ebay gets, especially with PaYpal. If you sell , you know what I mean at the end of the month you look at what you gave them and Damn,what a hit.Combine that with your time packaging going to the PO and getting packing materials. It can be a pain. Jeff

20. SOLOR GUY

SOLOR GUY TS Member

If you want to stand around and BS or want to try to make a life long friend go to a gun shop. Takes time to answer all the stuiped questions buyers come up with. If i am buying on ebay i just buy , pay with paypal and wait for it to show up. no need to waste time for me or other people with "I sent the money it should be there in a few days" e-mails or any other BS unless ask for by the seller. when I sell I add handling charges to every sale and description say handling charges, but never says how much. If the buyer wants to know he needs to ask before he hits the buy it now or bids.

I cover all my ebay, paypal fees, plus the cost of packing materials and time to do it with handling charges. I have no cost in getting it to post office because i call them and they pick it up with the postage paid with paypal. I never charge more postage than the actual amount but handling charges are a different thing, If i have to answer a bunch of needless e-mail you can bet your butt they will be more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.