1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad deal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by algebra1, Jun 12, 2013.

1. algebra1

algebra1 Member

Bought a Browning 425 from a guy on this site that was to include six choke tubes.When the gun came the only tubes with the gun were in the barrels.He was four tubes short.I paid his price $1500 and expect to get what I paid for.PM'd him twice and told him he could send me a check for $40 that's $10 a tube and we could call it even.He said that he would find me some tubes.I waited a couple of weeks,still no tubes.PM'd him again and told him I would settle for two tubes IM and full.He said that he forgot and would find me some tubes.It's going on about two months now. Most sellers on this site go out of their way to make sure you get a good deal.You are only as good as your word.
    Steve Wall

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If he ain't made it right after 2 months, he probably is weaseling out of it. And why should you settle for anything less than what the seller promised? He told you 6 chokes so he owes you 4. Thats at least $100. Post his name so others can steer clear.

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

He needs to be named! Folks on this site are some of the best to deal with. Those that aren't are IDed so the rest of us make sure others don't deal with them. Jake

4. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

So who is he?

Chuck

5. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Another example of why trying to buy something over the internet is like Forrest Gump's adage: It's like a "box of chocolates...you never know what you're going to get..." Too Bad. Regards, Ed

6. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Name him now!!! There are many good people here and we must police the bad ones and let them be known.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Steve has purchased from me so I do believe his story that he is short on this deal. Name the culprit Steve

8. Gary Ferrell

Gary Ferrell Member

Well everything the gentleman said is true with exception i do believe the chokes were sent with the gun however i have no reason to doubt him.He did contact me and ask that i send him a imp. mod. and full choke.These are the flush mount type which i don't use so i sent him an additional full set .I have not heard from him again so i assumed he receive them.I have several of these chokes laying around so if he didn't receive them i will send him additional ones.This time i will require it to be signed for when shipped.If i were going to screw someone it sure as heck would not be over $20.00 worth of chokes.Sorry that this happen when all he had to do was inform be he still hasn't received the chokes.I will send him another set.
    Gary

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Algebra1: would a Browning Invector + Full choke fit your gun? If so PM me and give me your address and you can have it for the cost of shipping

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. Gary Ferrell

Gary Ferrell Member

Thank you Rey and all the others i have dealt with on Trap Shooter.
    Gary

11. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Another old adage to consider: There are AT LEAST (emphasis added) two sides - and likely more - to every story...Anonymous. Regards, Ed

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Steve

Send your address by PM and I will send you IC, MOD, IMOD and FULL factory INV+ chokes gratis.

The least a fellow TS'er can do for a fellow shooter.

13. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Class move Coach. A tip of my hat.

Philly D

14. Gramps

Gramps Member

I've had one deal with Gary and I'll never deal with him again.

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I believe what can go wrong sometimes will. A good friend of mine sent me an small, but important item via U.S. Post. It never got to me and I only live 75 miles from his home!!

Stuff happens, I think sometimes people who receive something that may not be their's keep it and forget about it...as per in the U.S. Mail. Not often, but enough. Some people are just disorganized and very forgetful.

Hope it all works out!!

16. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I once ordered a small part from Mec.

Well, from Wisconsin, where Mec is to Iowa isn't too far.

But...........It took 11 days for it to make it that far.

I was positive they hadn't sent it when they said they did.

But....they were right according to the date on the package.

Hauxfan!

17. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Hats off to Algebra1 for allowing the seller to post his side of the story, and coming forward with his information before posting the TS. name. Sometimes honest mistakes happen, and we all know what the mail service can be at times. Hopefully it all works out to both involved, to their satisfaction.

18. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I bought a gun from Gary. Good deal. Everything went smooth. I would do it again. Sometimes, shit happens. Sometimes people stir the shit.