1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad deal with USPS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hotrod67, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotrod67

Hotrod67 Member

I just had to complain about the US Postal Service. I used them to ship a nice piece of Turkish walnut comb wood out to Oregon and they LOST IT!!! Came all the way from the country of Turkey,but gets lost at my local post office. The only thing they can tell is that it left my local P.O I got my insurance money but not the money they charged me to ship it. It cost ME $10.00 for them to lose it. They should also refund your shipping money as well I think. It never was shipped. What a croc of crap. No wonder their going under. I won't use them again.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Well, if you're not going to use them, I won't either! Next year I'm sending all my Christmas cards by Federal Express.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Can you sue them in small claims court? You paid for service that they did not perform. HMB

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Last time they lost my Postal Money Order, USPS charged me $11 (or so) for tracking it.

One time, USPS returned one of my mails, saying wrong address, I send it again with a new stamp to the exact same address after re-confirming the address, it got there in 4 days.

I just had a Priority Mail went from CA to IN, USPS sent it to Alaska, and it took 9 days to reach IN.

I get to know half of my neighbors because I keep getting their mails.

Government work at it's best.

5. Donm

Donm Active Member

I ordered a 3 wood from Miss. on Feb 13. March 8th I go a box with what was the box the club had been in. No club. I went through all the custome service offices that the Wi. post office in Madison told me to check with. No club. I told the last person I talked to that I hope the post office employee that has the club enjoys it. I was told that would never happen. They just lost it. How can you loose a golf club and not know it.

6. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

Try to submit a claim to "big brown" aka ups

What a joke.

So you lost ten bucks, big deal, at least you got compensated for the value of the lost shipment. Try getting anything back from UPS, it is like pissing in the wind.

I will still use USPS any time over the other two.

Kenny Uhlbeck

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Refunding the postage cost ought to be part of the claim. IIRC I've been refunded shipping costs on USPS claims before, and I KNOW I have on Fedex claims.

8. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I always include the cost of shipping when declairing the contents value. Its the smart thing to do. You have to keep 2 steps ahead of everyone else. Especially a government entity. Terry

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The USPS is really going down hill fast. My local office is a joke. The employees act as if they could give a sh&& about the customer.

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

if I have a problem with the USPS, I don't go to their "customer service". I take my complaint to the Postal Inspectors. They are like the internal affairs within a police department: crawling up other cops' a$$ and the postal inspectors like to crawl up USPS employees' a$$ about the most minute thing.

11. Hotrod67

Hotrod67 Member

Yeah I hear ya Cuban. I called their " consumer affairs " people. They asked for address of place I was shipping to, my name and address, claim # and the whole time I think she was doing her nails or something. Not even a hint of trying to help.
    Kenny... Glad you have had good service with theUSPS. I'm just bitchen a little,it's not always money, it's always about service.
    Dickgtax...I should have said will not use them to ship parcels, snail mail is another story.

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I use the USPS exclusively and have for the past 20 years. I have never had one item lost and I ship through them all over the globe.

Why didn't you include the extra $10? That would have been prety inexpensive. And, since it's insured, the PO will definitely be looking for it.

You can order form me on Saturday and it will arrive Monday in CT, MA, FL, TX, CA, etc. I can't say enough good things about the USPS. However, I have to agree about the folks downtown. Over the luch hour when everyone is heading to the PO, they are under staffed and the lines are horrendous. My postman comes into my shop even if I might be gone and sets items on the counter, handles any postage dues, and even has me sign delivery forms enmass that he uses in my absence.

I've been been using STAMPS.COM for 14 years so I rarely have to head to the main PO. Even international shipments come out of my shop without downtown intervention.

I insure every single shipment, but probably don't have to.

WW

13. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had a nice gentleman in AZ buy an MX 8 bbl from me recently. I shipped the bbl USPS and told them cheapest way possible, but within 5 days. It arrived 2 days later in perfect condition. His check to me was sent registered mail, tracking number, signature required and 2nd day delivery. Well the check was lost for 7 days, the last tracking info available was when he dropped it off and 11 days later it was delivered without a signature. I wasn't worried because I knew the gentleman. I knew if anything didn't happened that he'd make good on the payment. But let me just say that I have ZERO confidence in the USPS period. Won't use them again.

14. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

To put it politely,,

( They SUCK )

Minimum wage high school kids could do better,
    They have a sense of entitlement that is ever present when you get in line, Wasteful government employee,

Its all about affirmative hire, and its a JOKE

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I guess I must just be lucky, I have shipped all over God's creation and never had a problem ...I hope I am not speaking to soon ... I have used UPS, USPS, Fed Ex, DHL, talk about living right ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Seems that all people want to do anymore is expect exellence and complain when they don't get it. I see everything on here with complaints about everything from not getting reimbursed for 2 practice tokens in Florida to complaints about the ATA, to complaints about the President (who I am NOT defending) to the Grand not being in Vandalia to complaints about the Postal Service to weeds on the shooting sidewalk or it being too hot or too cold.

Geez, do all you complainers walk a perfect line? I bet not. I bet there is someone out there that is not happy with you. ( your wife, your boss, etc.)

Suck it and quit complaining. At least until you are perfect in every way.

17. viperrt

viperrt Member

The less time it is in transit and the fewer employees that touch the package the better. I use FedEx next day air. Yes it's expensive but no where near the value of my gun(s). Their tracking system allows me to follow the package to it's destination and shows the various stops it makes along the way. The USPS tracking system is a joke.

18. Hotrod67

Hotrod67 Member

Yeah your right BIGBADBOB . I wasn't complaining as much as I was just sharing my experience with others. Just as others have given theirs. Nothing more, nothing less. When I grow up I want to be just like you...PERFECT!!.......Dan

19. 1964_Superposed

1964_Superposed TS Member

I use USPS because it costs much less than other carriers and have generally had very good service, at a very fair price. I am happy to have the option to use them and fear what the more expensive services will charge when the USPS is gone.

20. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Check Fedex rates, with the USPS price increase this year, Fedex Ground/Home Delivery is cheaper than USPS Standard Post for me 9x out of 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.