1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad day at the Range!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I went to a registered shoot today and drove 3 hours each way to get there, Then when I got there I could'nt seem to focus my mind on what I wanted to do. the first 25 I only broke a 20 and figured well It's over so I guess I'll practice the next 75. Second round I shot a 25 and thought well maybe this day won't be so bad. 3rd round I shoot another 20 and say well It's over so I pick up my backup gun to have a little fun on the Last round and go out and shoot a 24 to end up with an 89. Does this lack of focus happen to everyone sometimes? Seems the Less I tried the better I shot.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Learn to relax and the game gets better! You can be serious, but don't get too tense or you might not do well. Some people can do their best when they are tensed up to the max. Not me! I relax and have fun. If I shoot well, then I did it right. When I lighten up and smile, my scores show it. It sometimes bothers the competition when I smile too! Some people say that they don't want to be around when I have a gun and a square smile. ;)

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    You have to keep it all in perspective:<br>
    <br>
    The worst day shooting is better than the best day working.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sometimes just the drive will make your body out of kilter- there seem to be good days and bad days

also too much caffine or some people and not enough for others

as Brian said- a bad day shooting can still be one of the better days you have

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Mac V

Mac V Guest

You might want to investigate your "biorhythms" before choosing to shoot on a given weekend if high scores are your goal.

I was introduced to biorhythms in the early 60's. Major airlines include biorhythm analysis in pairing pilots with co-pilots so the pair are not at the same points in their cycles. Military special ops commands often use biorhythms when forming teams.

There are many free on-line biorhythm generators on line and information on it is easy to locate. In brief, the days on which any of your 3 major cycles cross the "zero line" on their way up or down are the critical days in each cycle.

This Biorhythm Generator #1 is simple to use, while this one Biorhythm Generator #2 is my favorite.

Mike

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Driving ... biorhythms ... caffeine ... next thing ya know somebody will tell ya it was the fancy silver tinfoil lining inside your hat that was blocking the mind controlling wave patterns from planet Trappula Zada near the Pullbang Nebula ... well ya get the thought and if you really get the thought let me know cause I've been looking for others with my afflictions.

BTW ... you were thinking to dang much and screwed yourself. Shoot for fun and have fun when you shoot. Dont think about missing a bird just line up and break em. At least you didnt do what I did this weekend ... do ya know what its like to shoot trap from the 23yd line and not realize that got your dang skeet choke in until the 3rd round but I still broke 15, 14, 16, and then a 23.

Thats what I get for using my tinfoil hat or the leaders from Trappula Zada would have told me about it before hand.

7. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Thanks I'm glad too know it happens to alot of people.

8. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I heard it said on here that you have not shot your worst score yet and I believe that. Went to a registered skeet shoot this past weekend and proceeded to shoot terribly. Missed a couple and then got to careful and it went downhill from there. There's always the next one....

9. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Hey lumper...

I've never had the experience, so tell me... what does the world look like when you're squinting out at it from through your belly button?? (Photos on request)

10. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

The best I've ever done is 88, so I would be very happy with an 89.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Long drives I get jacked on caffine, shoot great or terrible, trying different Dunkin locations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.