1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BAD CECK - be careful

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

BAD CHECK - be careful "UPDATE"

I sold a gun to an individual from Bryan Texas. His check did not clear and I just wanted to see if anyone has had a problem with an individual from that area. I will share his sign on name and real name to anyone who sends me a private message. I don't want anyone to get burned. Maybe someone else has had dealings with him also. The latest is that this person wrote a bad check to another Idaho dealer. That dealer just called me and we shared notes. Identical scam. There may be other sellers out there involved with this guy also.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

You shipped the gun before the check cleared? Hopefully lesson learned.

Eric

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

So his check did not clear. Have you tried to contact him without success before posting this here? Not saying the guy is not a dead beat but sometimes s**t happens. I have had to close a checking account without notice when my wife lost her purse a few years ago with the checkbook in it. All outstanding checks bounced and the bank straightened it out without any charges to me. Sometimes things aren't always as they appear on the surface, unfortunately, the rest of the time, they are.

Jeff

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Unless I am selling a ten thousand dollar gun, I ship on timely receipt of a mailing address. I have never been burned.

If I had to close an account or if something happened to affect payment for mechandise bought, I would let the seller know instead of letting him find out the hard way.

Why do this any other way?

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Whiz had problems w/ somebody in TX but don't remember if it was Bryan. Think it may have been.

6. cubancigar2000

I agree shooting coach. I always ship without worry, never been burned on here. This transaction was not on here by the way. In this case because he had never posted on TS and only had 5 postive feedback on gunbroker, I held the gun for two weeks. I can't see where he has ever posted here but people change signon names too. I have had a lot of good positive experinces on here.

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

It can be two weeks before a check is returned, and I have seen a bank charge
    back a NSF check over a month after it was deposited.

I always check to see if I'm selling to a TS.com regular; or if he registers targets, or has an address and phone number that can be confirmed. Otherwise, I just don't do the transaction.

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Sometimes people transfer funds from savings and don't realize the time lag, this can cause the check to show up short.

9. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Maybe he is just a thief and wanted to rip you off ... oh well what did he steal from you?

10. Taminator

Taminator TS Member

Some individuls in Texas seem to have a desire to use this website as an opportunity to rip off a few users. I'm still waiting for an air rifle to arrive from a Mr. Harlon Harris. It's only been since May. Buyers and sellers beware!!

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Lumper-Newbius,

You have no class.

12. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I tried to buy some class once but my check bounced.

13. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

What is the safest way to accept Payment method if you don't wait for certified checks to clear or money orders

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I was taken for a new P/W reloader, new hydraulic unit and air freight from a Carl P. Hancock from Argyle TX.

He's now selling real estate in the Dallas area. I have the firm's name.

Stopped payment on a debit card.

15. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The absolutely best way of recieving funds is a postal service money order. You can confirm whether it is good or not just by going to the post office.

ec90t

16. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that you guys have had some bad deals with a few guys here in Texas. Certainly is not what we are about here n Texas. I am from and still live in Texas and proud of it. Certainly This is more good than bad here.

WesleyB

17. deadapair17

deadapair17 TS Member

I'm still looking for Lane from Tex-Pro to straighten out a deal gone bad. About 1900.00 worth. I think he was fom Midland, Tx. Anyone know him? Thanks, Don

18. trackerdan

trackerdan Member

What exactly is a CECK? Is it a new form of currency?

19. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I don't pass any judgement on the rest of the Texans. I have some really great Texan customers and friends. Heck, I used to live in Houston went I worked for B&R and made many, many great friends.

There are just a few apples in the basket no matter where it is.

Whiz

20. cubancigar2000

up for the latest news

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.