1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Boy Buggie Question???????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by VAMiket, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

Has anyone had any experience with a Bad Boy Buggie? If so what was your experience, good or bad? How long would it run on a charge?

Thanks

2. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I too am interested.

4. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey guys:

I bought a Bad Boy last October. I used it all huntng season and it really amazed me with what it could do off road. For example I had two deer, three people, all our equipment on it, and was sitting in around 10 inches of water with sloppy mud underneath and it pulled us out without any hesitation at all. It really made a believer of my hunting partners who at first made fun of me for buying "an electric piece of crap". It is extremely quiet and the torque this thing has is incredible. It wil launch you into the back of the seats if you floor it from a stop.

You won't break any land speed records with it, as the fastest I've had it go is about 17 mph. I called the company and have talked with them many times and they say that is normal. The battery life is good once you get it broken in, which they say takes between 10 and 15 charges. I found that out the hard way and thought something was wrong when I first had it, as it would go probably 5 miles before it was over half way to no charge. As it stands now, in perfect conditions in auto 4X4 on pavement, I've seen around 20 miles on a full charge. Turn on the lights, 4X4, etc and that will reduce it. I did find that pulling my 600 lb trailer with it under normal conditions didn't drain the battery any further. The charger for it takes 20 amps. So plugging it in and charging it on a 15 amp home circuit with all your lights on will pop the fuse. Found that one out the hard way too. Replaced the circuit and problem solved.

At night the switches can't be seen at all because they are not lit up. Probably to save battery life. Once you know where they are it's not too big a deal but it's kind of a pain at first. I bought a little dome flashlight thingy and velcro'd the thing to the roof and it works great.

It's a heavy sucker at 1600 lbs, so if you get this thing stuck it'd be tough to push out. I had mine equipped with a winch just in case.

If you are using one for shoots only it's probably the best thing out there. Maybe a little overkill though actually. I plan on using mine for both hunting and shooting, so it will get a lot of use.

Anyway that's about as impartial a view as I can think of right now. I'm sure anyone would be happy with it. Email me if you guys have any other questions and we can talk more about it.

Hope that helps...

Larry C

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Larry covered it pretty well dito on the battery life it is excellent for hunting,fishing, and shooting. I love mine and had it for about 8 months.
    The turn radius is a lot bigger than a golf cart, but you get used to it after a while. Do have a dealer in mind yet?
    Rooferbob

6. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

What is the cost of one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.