1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BAD BATCH OF WHITE ROCKS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

........Scores at Ft Worth shoot Saturday were terrible.Little wind and targets were set well. You could see targets move but not break. Some claim they found unbroken targets in the field with 3 shot holes in them. Also heard rumors that similar problems in the Nebraska State Shoot. Our club manager called White rock and they said they had changed the composition and were about .015 thicker. Anyone else had problems with White Rocks?.............SMOKIT

2. MOP

MOP Active Member

Our most recent batch flakes and generates much more dust than in the past.

3. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Our most recently aquired targets are breaking as the drop to the throwing arm causing many, many broken birds upon call. Frustrating. Jack

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Low scores at the Maryland State Championship, take a look at this posting, it gives an explanation as to what is happening with the new batch of targets. HMB

5. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

............I meant to say White Flyer--not White Rock...scuse me...SMOKIT

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Next time demand they throw White Flyer Bios. They really smoke!!

7. MOP

MOP Active Member

We are also having the same problem as Martinpicker - targets crack very easily.

8. MSSA

MSSA TS Member

Well I am sure there will always be the folks who can not accept the fact that when they chip a target that they didn't put the pattern on the bird and they were lucky to get the chip not guaranteed a chip.... 3 or 4 holes on a Handicap target with #8s or smaller is probably not that uncommon and honestly how do you know the referee didn't call the the bird dead when you pick it up. Just saying....

That being said we here the same rumblings through Skeet Circles as well.

We shot a mixture of the new White Flyer targets at Capitol and the scores and turnout were the best we have had in 5 years probably. I wish I could blame my performance on the pitch changes in White Flyer targets....

As we have not changed over at SGC and probably will not for a couple months as we still have about 4 Pallets to get through the machines I can't say yet as to if there will be more breakage in the machine but the honesty is I I have been suspect of White Flyer QC for last few years anyway but they are better than Champion and Lawry does not give us a for sure better deal that White Flyer.

The targets DO and are MARKED and Known to be slightly different in size so Gun Clubs will have to adjust machines to make them throw properly. You can't simply thrown them in the machine and expect them to perform the same just as with the BIOs and Pitch Targets have always been. This is why we are not putting any new into machines at SGC until all the Old are exhausted.

9. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Two White Flyer reps did a lot of apologizing at the Sunday morning meeting at the Nebraska State Shoot.

Steve

10. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

11. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

MSSA, I have read your post twice and still don't know wha the hell you are trying to say! Martinpicker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.