1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad back help !!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

As most of you already know, I've been plagued with a bad back for over 15 years. Sat. the pain & general discomfort was so bad that I gave up & didn't shoot caps after a totally frustrating round of singles. Sun. went to the NEW Balance store & bought a set of their MR1011 MC shoes. Its like a miracle. pain reduced & I can stand without discomfort for more than 5 minutes. I go to PT & exercise everyday. Trying to avoid surgery for as long as I can.

Phil Berkowitz

2. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

If you have gotten a reduction in pain from your new shoes. You might be a perfect candidate for orthotics that slip into any shoe. Mine were cast by a podiatrist and are hard plastic. I hope you feel better soon. Kim :)

3. larryjk

larryjk Member

You might try lying flat on your back on the floor (carpeting is nice) and jack-knifing your lower legs on a chair. Was recommended to me by a doctor and it really helps when I get the back misseries. About an hour while you watch television.

4. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Phil,

I also suffer from sever back pain, one thing that helped me was a back brace, but you have to have a prescription to get it witch should not be a problem. It is called a ASPEN QUIKDRAW and I hope these pic come through.

thanks
    lee
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

You did not say what was wrong with your back.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I lived in the midwest ( Indiana) for many years and was plagued with back trouble. I moved to Arizona and it immediately went almost completely away. I now live in the Northwest and have not had back trouble for over 10 years ( except when I lift something I know I should not) The midwest humidity will cause a lot of problems in your back and other bones

7. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

Phil, glad that works for you!! (pardon the pun) Bad backs are a pain in the @ss!! I know, I have a torn L4-L5 disk. At times feels like my feet are broken.

8. model50lover

model50lover TS Member

<
    Phil you need to try out this shoe go to zcoil.com for mor info. wife works at our local Hospital and one of the Doc's swear by them !

p>[​IMG]</p>

9. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

ml, that is the ugliest shoe I've ever seen! Ever.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I've got degenerative disc disease. I got spurs growing out L's ,S's & the T's.
    Right now I've got some pressure on the nerves on my left calve & left foot with intermittent pain in the left & right buttocks. Anyway I get an MRI every 24 months to track the spine damage. As previously staed I go to PT 2 to3 times a week and do all the perscribed exercises. My neuro-surgeon says he will work on me, when I say its time ( that means I can't take it any more)

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.