1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bacon flavored vodka recipe

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bacon Vodka<br>
    <br>
    Makes up one pint<br>
    <br>
    Fry up three strips of bacon<br>
    <br>
    Add cooked bacon to a clean pint sized mason jar. Trim the ends of the bacon if they are too tall to fit in the jar. Or you could go hog wild and just pile in a bunch of fried up bacon scraps.<br>
    <br>
    Optional: add crushed black peppercorns.<br>
    <br>
    Fill the jar up with vodka. Cap and place in a dark cupboard for at least three weeks.(No need to refrigerate)<br>
    <br>
    At the end of the three week resting period, place the bacon vodka in the freezer to solidify the fats. Strain out the fats through a coffee filter to yield a clear filtered pale yellow bacon vodka.<br>
    <br>
    Decant into decorative bottles and enjoy.

2. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

You must really love bacon

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

" You must really love bacon"

...or hate vodka!

Looks like a recipe for a redneck martini...bacon drippings and fresh corn whiskey.

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Good at breakfast with hash browns and eggs.

Bo

5. front242

front242 Member

Tron @ 7:29am Now that was funny.

F242

6. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

porkchop in every bottle!!!!

7. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Vodka isn’t just for breakfast; try the same thing with a packet of tuna (water, not oil packed) and Louisiana Hot Sauce for lunch. Serve with oyster crackers.

I’ve never been able to wait three weeks. More like three minutes

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

LOL, Bill

9. TheNakedGun

TheNakedGun Member

As FlaLagarto said Why would you ruin good bacon like that.

10. corkey\rufus

corkey\rufus TS Member

11. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Brian: You are just not right!!!

12. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

There is a story in our family about one of our relatives in Poland who loved pepper flavored vodka. The off the shelf stuff was not hot enough so he doctored up a bottle with some additional peppers that he let "steep" on a shelf for a month or so. He took one drink and immediately drank some boiling water that was in a pan on the stove. To say that it was hotter than he anticipated is an understatement.

He survived but never went back to pepper flavored vodka.

I would advise against drinking vodka with a person of Polish descent. They are raised on it and have an enormous tolerance for it.

My favorite Polish vodka is called Zubrówka which is the Polish word for buffalo. It is packed with a blade of the grass eaten by European bison in every bottle.

Ed Ward

13. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"My favorite Polish vodka is called Zubrówka which is the Polish word for buffalo. It is packed with a blade of the grass eaten by European bison in every bottle."

Is that blade of grass one that the buff had already eaten?

Morgan

14. School Teacher

Cap'n:

I believe that it is the "before" and not the "after" variety.

I am reminded of an Indian tribe that was faced with surviving the winter during a period of bad weather in Montana. The old chief addressed the hunters of the tribe and said. "Men, I have some good news and some bad news." He gave them the bad news first. He said "The bad news is that all we have to eat this winter is buffalo chips." He then said, "The good news is that we have a lot of them!"

Ed Ward

15. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I stopped at the liquor store Friday night to stock up and they had some plastic glasses with a shot glass stuck in the bottom. I can't remember the name of the drink but you fill the shot glass portion with Jaegermeister which I believe is Vodka with gold flecks in it and something else I forgot the name of. Jaegermeister is expensive as all get out at the liquor store. I can't emagine buying one at the pub or steakhouse. Dave P

16. School Teacher

Dave P:

If they were a beer mug style glass, the drink was probably a "Boilermaker". A mug of beer with a shot of whiskey, usually Segrams 7 Crown, on the side or inside. I remember drinking from, on occasion, a large glass beer mug with a shot glass welded to the inside.

Back in the 1960's, when I was young and dumb (or at least dumber than now), I would go drinking with some NCO's and we would drink Carling Black Label draft with a shot of Inperial on the side. If you dropped the shot glass into the mug (after you had drank enough beer to make room), it was called a "depth charge." Boiler Makers produce probably the worst hangovers in the world.

I have not had one since about 1972 and never plan to have another one again.

Ed Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.