1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

backyard trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

My wife and I want to buy a trap machine to use in our backyard. What is the difference/advantage between "full-cock", "half-cock", "3/4 cock"? We see this in the descriptions for the various machines at Cabelas. We want to spend less than $200. Any comments, suggestions? She really wants to shoot, but is very intimidated at the local club, at least for now, until she starts breaking some?
    Thanks...

Bruce

2. rifle guy

rifle guy TS Member

The 3/4 cock have a one way clutch that doesnt let the arm travel backwards, this saves all off the forward momentum for use in the recocking. You dont have to work nearly as hard with a 3/4 as it will be almost cocked for you. It is also safer since if you do loose grip on the arm it wont flip back around and hit you.

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

4. revdrx

revdrx TS Member

Where are you located? I have a Do-All Traps 3/4-cock single trap for sale in the Western New York area. It is a fairly heavy item, but I would be willing to ship it if you are interested. This is a sit-down model that features a fold-down chair. The trap has slip-in legs for easy setup in the field and a mount for connecting to your receiver hitch or 2" hitch. The trap is fully adjustable with a three-pivot mount that allows you to throw in any direction. A sliding, adjustable-tension spring clip on the throwing arm adjusts quickly to throw targets as singles or stacked doubles. When the target is thrown, the arm cycles 3/4 of the way through the cycle, only requiring the trapper to push the arm through the last 1/4 of the arc. Comes complete with wrench and instructional DVD. I'm asking $125 firm for it with the buyer paying actual shipping from zip code 14103. Feel free to email me with any questions. I can get you more pictures and a video clip of how it operates if you wish.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

If you check around, you might find a used Lincoln manual. You can probably find a Lincoln Falcon for what your willing to pay.

Just make sure on any of them, that the clutch works and has no slippage as it will run you $100 extra to get it fixed!! But, the lincolns will last for years.

Jim

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Outers has a great trap It will throw 4 if you want. with heavy spring will put them over 100yds.

7. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Champion SkyBird 3/4 Cock Trap Post Mount Only
    Reg $120.51
    Sale $49.95
    Buy Now!

Champion Targets .22 Shoot-Thru Diamond
    Reg $28.47
    Sale $9.99
    Buy Now!

Outers Gun Care Gun Cleaning Mat 11 1/2" x 23 1/2"
    Reg $14.95
    Sale $3.99
    Buy Now!

Champion Flightmaster 3/4 Cock Trap w/Doubles Arm
    Reg $179.55
    Sale $89.95
    Buy Now!

Champion Target InSight Paper Target System
    Reg $19.95
    Sale $6.99
    Buy Now!

Champion Targets EasyBird Electric Handset Trap With Seat
    Reg $277.73
    Sale $199.95
    Buy Now!

Shooters Ridge Fixed-Length Shooting Sticks 38" Camo
    Reg $23.84
    Sale $12.99
    Buy Now!

Champion Targets EasyBird Electric Handset Trap with Tri-Pod (will not throw rabbit)
    Reg $255.80
    Sale $169.95
    Buy Now!

Shooter's Ridge Steady Bags "Shot Bag" Leather
    Reg $22.95
    Sale $11.99
    Buy Now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

easybird electric handset trap seat