1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Backyard trap thrower

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PJH82, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJH82

PJH82 TS Member

Any opinions on a good backyard thrower? I was going back and forth between the Do-All Aerial Assault and the Champion Easybird. They both seem pretty close as far as specs. Any experience with either one?
    Thanks, Phil.

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

spend 2to 3 times more than you initially thot and you will be way ahead!!! look at promatic and G.P. traps more $ but heavier built.

3. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

I have the aerial assault with the wobbler , it works great.

4. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I have owned both the do all aerial assault and the champion easy bird. The champion easy bird is a much better unit. Its built heavier and mechanical far superior. I have mine mounted in the bed of my truck with the power cord fixed to plug into the trucks trailer plug. Its about as good as a set up as you can have and still be portable.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

threedeuces- Do you shoot 16 yards behind your truck? Do you use a release trigger?

Pat Ireland

6. Sonny

Sonny Member

I have a Remington 4100 that I used for years in my back yard.It works great.Oldie but a goodie.I would sell if you're interested

7. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Good question, PAT! Like to know the answer to that one myself! Maybe a pic of his truck would be nice?

AndyH ;-)

8. Old Confederate

Old Confederate TS Member

Always remember that good things aren't cheap and cheap things aren't good. Buy a ProMatic and live happy ever after. Larry

9. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I believe he's just looking for a trap to play with, not shoot registered targets off of...That being said, I would be another vote for the Aerial Assault. A friend of mine has one and we really don't have that many problems with it. We did have to replace the foot switch though, but that could been our fault for getting it wet or something. Otherwise, I can't speak for the Champion, never used one before. My 2 cents. Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

backyard trap throwers