1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BACKPACKS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by soup, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS ,

I was looking for a good quality day pack for deer hunting here in the NE ( PA-NY-NJ )& also a trip every couple of years to Canada for either Bear or WT deer .
    I have a Badlands Ultra Day pack and it is a good pack but I couldn't find a way to carry a crossbow on it . I also hunt with a rifle -shotgun & muzzloader . The Badlands 2800 seems a little too big so I went with an EBERLESTOCK J34 . It appears to be able to do what I need with the ability to expand . I've never used them so I don't know how well they carry or how comfortable they are .

If anyone has used this pack or the J107 I would appreciate your likes or dislikes . It didn't even get here yet so if all the postings are negative I can send it back.

Thank you in advance for your time & help .

SOUP

2. james dent

james dent TS Member

i have used the j107 for 2 years and love it backed 3 deer out with it it works great i hunt with a gun and bow i also backpack in to the area with everthing i need

3. soup

soup Member

TTT

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Soup, once you use you J34 in the field, please post and let us know the results. I've been interested in this pack system.

5. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

LA Police Gear has the Eberlestock Gunslinger backpack on sale right now for $179 which is $70 off normal price. They have black and the yellow and green Army digital camo.

This pack will also carry a crossbow in the scabard or strapped to the outside of the pack.

I bought one just yesterday. I have been looking at this one for several years now and was only held back by the price. It will be here tomarrow so I'll post my review when it gets here.

lapolicegear.com

Randy

6. soup

soup Member

TTT

7. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I got my pack today and I must say it is without a doubt the best made back pack I have ever seen or touched. The workmanship is really nice. The brownish digital camo color is just right also. The pack also has a large lumbar support cushion that makes it stay in the small of your back.

It is the Gunslinger Pack with the rifle scabbard in it. I tried to remove the gun (Mini 14 with scope, and Marlin Carbine) with the pack in place and I can, but just barely. I think having a pistol on your belt would be a good thing if hiking around in Bear country, cuz you ain't gonna get the gun out that fast no matter what, especially if it is a long full length rifle with a scope on it or if you have the buttstock cover on to protect from weather.

As far as capacity goes I think this one will hold alot more than I will ever be able to carry with room to spare, however it has pinch straps so it can be squeezed down small enough to hold just a sandwich and a pair of sox.

It will take me some time to figure out how to best use this thing. There is a lot of adjustments, and it is a matter of gettting everything dialed in for maximum comfort.

Great deal at $179. if you are looking for an Eberlestock Pack like this, this is the best deal I've seen yet. Supply's are limited as it is a closeout, and they only have the brown camo like mine and black for colors.

Randy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.