1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Background Checks and the NRA

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by spitter, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Sent by the National Rifle Association if you hadn't seen it...

...from Chris Cox

"an article appearing today on NBCNews.com is falsely reporting that NRA will not oppose legislation being negotiated in the U.S. Senate that would mandate background checks for all gun purchasers.

The story posted on NBCNews.com alleges that NRA will not oppose expanding the background check system to include all private firearm sales, "provided the legislation does not require private gun sellers to maintain records of the checks". This statement is completely untrue. The NRA opposes criminalizing private firearms transfers between law-abiding individuals, and therefore opposes an expansion of the background check system.

The NRA supports meaningful efforts to address the problems of violent crime and mass violence in America, through swift and certain prosecution of violent criminals; securing our schools; and fixing our broken mental health system."

sorry my link would not transfer... copied and pasted.

Jay

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

That link gives me a Hot-mail sign in page?

Wayne

3. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

I received that same notice from Chris Cox & the NRA via e-mail. The media continues to try to put words in our mouths and control our thinking. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I heard the NRA was shutting down its US operation, and going to Mexico. The Mexican government is allot easier to work with. Allot cheaper to persway them, and get them to understand, if you know what I'm saying. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.