1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Back to Reloading 12 Ga on a New MEC 9000GN

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Landshark, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landshark

Landshark Member

After loading on a Size Master (12, 20, 28, and .410)for 10 years I bought a 9000G this year with the old style primer feed in 20 ga for $250 NIB at Gander Mtn. Man, what a difference! I feel like I discovered fire!

Now that I'm starting to get serious about trap shooting I got a deal on new 9000GN 12 ga. $375 NIB! It was a the last one at my local Gander and the manager made me a deal. The new primer feed is a 1000% better than the old style. I love this machine.

I got a bag of Ren Fig 8 wads and while they make nice loads, the stitching is a pain in the ass to get started on the wad guide. I loaded up 25 perfect loads using Clays and STS hulls, but I had to seperate the petals so they would slip on the guide. No biggie, just a PITA. I plan on getting the DR Econo wads or go to a 1oz load anyway.

I just wanted to say that MEC makes a great loader and these Rem wads suck, LOL!

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I think you mean drop tube. I also think you need to adjust the machine so there is a little more clearence between the drop tube and wad guide. HMB

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

hmb is correct. I'll bet the wad pressure is plenty though!

ss

4. Grizzlyman

Grizzlyman Member

Landshark, try the DRXL-1 (neon green) 1oz. wads for the Rem hulls. Load great shoot great too. For wad pressure use just enough to move the indicator, no need for more.
    Sounds like you got a good deal on your MEC's.

5. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Yes - I've heard about the new primer feed. I've been resisting, but ocassionally my old style primer feeds explodes and mixes the primers upside down and right side up in the little slide tray or does some other ridiculous thing - like NOT drop the primer or drop it upside down, etc. Other than that, MEC's rock.

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

You have the finest loader money can buy and the absolute best customer service standing behind you just a phone call away!

(He ducks, as he anticipates the Spolar/PW owners hurling insults...)"My machine is made like a Rolex watch and cost thousands!" "I get the opportunity to spend $50 to $100 bucks every year or so on improvements the factory has come up with".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.