1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Back tio Gunclubs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kenf, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenf

kenf Active Member

Bad news,

Dicks no longer accepts any coupons for ammunition, according to the guys in the Lodge it came down from corporate. The 10% case discount is also gone. If you live near Giant Eagle's, get a gift card and save a little on fuel.

Last week Gun Clubs were 42.40 with tax.

Ken

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

What I hear in mass is ADVERTISED ONLY prices. No more 10%off case everyday. The 10% discount coupon I get from my rewards card is valid for ammo. So said by manager. Unless stated "not for use with". I have had no problem with any discount coupon, /i just state that all I buy is ammo, you really have nothing else to offer me. Have not been turned down yet. Wall mart was matching prices for a while but now has turned to "we beat competitors regular price". Dicks to me is not a great store they really do not have any good deals, The better equipment of all sporting goods is generally no better price than anyone else. The rest is crap. Seems to me they are more of a consignment based retailer, never really purchasing the items just getting a % on sales made.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

maclellan1911- The two $10 coupons I got last week from Dicks because I had their reward system did state, in very small print, that they were not good for ammunition. I asked the store manager about this exception and he tole me that he would make an exception to the exception. He did say that he could not give the 10% case discount and accept the $10 coupon on the same shells.

Dicks is not great, but it is the best available to me now.

4. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I took my dick's $10 off $50 coupons to sportsmans warehouse last night. I got three flats of estates @43.90 a flat plus some extra boxes to make $50 and checked out 3 times, I got the 5% off by the case plus the $10 off 50$, that brought the price well below $40 a flat, and unlike at dick's, I had no problems checking out.

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I guess I beat the decision..Dick's took the 10% off a flat and honored the $10 coupon (not accepted for firearms but said nothing about ammo) on a flat of STS's last week. Ended up with STSs for the price of Gun Clubs. I was warned by a clerk that any future shells would be a a bit higher price.

Big Jack

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

There weekly add still shows a 10% discount when purchased by the case. Currently in my area Remington Game Loads are the best deal at $39.80 a flat.

7. bgf

bgf Active Member

Let's see here....

Where ever you buy the price seems to be averaging $40 per case plus tax. So, about $44 give or take a few cents.

We sell flats of Estates for $45 out the door.

And yet, I still see shooters using Wal-mart shells at $15.97 plus 8.5% tax per 4 box package. That figures to $4.33 a box.

Why not give your gun club the dollar plus change and save your gas?

Support your local club.

Bernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.