1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Back Sighting , Using sight beads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Deanoo, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanoo

Deanoo TS Member

Im interested in comments about Back Sighting..and how many trapshooters here do it? .. also how did you come about learning it? .if you tried it and gave it up?.

I did lots of trapshooting when i was younger ,Ive been away from the sport now for some years and got back into it early this year ...I did all that shooting years ago swinging to the target and timing .. how hard is it to learn precision shooting .

2. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

I'm not familiar with the term "back sighting" but i'm sure others will offer a comment.

Welcome back to trapshooting, just like riding a bike, you will probably pick right up where you left off (with a few wobbles that is)

Not quite sure if I would call shooting trap "precision shooting"....it's more of a pointing action than really a precision effort.

Trap targets aren't hard to hit at all, but there really easy to miss as well.

Have fun...hit or miss....Bob

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Back-sighting is simply a greater awareness of the front bead's position relative to targets. Initially, when learning to back-sight, there is a tendency to focus on or glance at the front bead and by so doing, slow the swing and shoot behind targets.

The trick is to continue to focus on only the target but at the same time, be aware of exactly where the bead is relative to targets. It seems to be easier for some shooters than for others.

If it can be learned, there will be an increase in accuracy, more so with guns that shoot relatively flat. Shooters using 90/10 guns will find back-sighting less useful. There is simply too much space between targets and the front bead to notice the slight variations in the relative positions of the bead and the targets.

Rollin

4. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Hell, I've been doing that for over 35 years and never knew it. "Back sighting" huh?

What next?

AJ100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
back sight trap shooting
back sighting
back sighting for trap

back sighting trap shooting

sighting for trap
trap shooting back sighting