1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Back into reloading

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

I admit I was wrong I can't stand it, not to be able to load my own traploads. Yesterday I bought a brand new RCBS Grand from Cabelas and I'm gonna set up a whole new loading bench and start in all over again. I went a full year shopping around and buying whatever load I could get and it just doesn't work for me, so I'm back at it again. #8 shot was $37.99 a bag at Cabela's in Reno yesterday, it was $39.99 for the same thing at Scheels.

warren

2. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Glad to see your back at it. I like to reload, I enjoy it. I don't find it to be a chore or job. And I get alot of satisfaction from breaking targets with my own shells. I could probably buy new for about the same but they will be promotional type of shell and I know mine are far better than that.

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

Joe
    My advice is rethink it.

If you still decide to get rid of your reloading stuff, load up enough ammo for the next 5 years of expected use. If you have checked the price of ammo it is outrageous. The second factor is availability - will you find what you want?

Don Verna

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Warren,

Look around, there are better prices on lead, even with shipping. If you are willing to drive a little bit, I bet you can do MUCH better.

-Aaron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.