1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

back get's tired below shoulderblade

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by romie, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

When I shoot at about 100 rounds my back starts getting tired.I have been lifting weights to build my lower back and it dosen't seem to help.Do I need to go to a soft touch or gray coil?
    Help!

2. romie

romie Active Member

I have a little gut my wife might think it's big but that ain't the problem.But I do 100 leg lifts and 75 situps three times a week so I'm not a blob.I do like food.but it's not the gut.

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

MIA

Ok I snuk into romie's private pictur collection and I guess he thought since he had the smallest belly between the 3 of his buddies then it counts as a little gut.

That has to be him in the middle.

Foggy

4. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Leg lifts and situps don't work the back. You need exercises to strengthen the latitimus muscles. Here is a start...Middle back Exercises. Reload the page if you get a popup.

Mike

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've gone to resting the gun on the dreaded toe for at least 2 or 3 shooters instead of holding it at the ready and that has helped the mid and low back tendency to tire. Also turning a bit toward the trap house so I'm not spending the entire time semi-turned at the waist has also helped. You gotta try to really relax more between shots but it takes some changes in your routine.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

6. romie

romie Active Member

Mike that is a good site.I do three of those exercises I guess I'll add some more.
    thanks
    Monty

7. romie

romie Active Member

What does caffine have to do with it? I can give up a lot of things but I have three strong cups of Starbucks every AM.I think I would rather keep the fatigue how can I find out?
    Monty

8. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

romie, regular setups do not do it, get one of those exercise balls, and do setups on a ball, and use your stomach muscles to roll up on the ball. Another exercise I do that helps, is sit on the ball with the bands stretching from the backside and arms down to waist level and throw a punch towards the floor and hold it for 2 or 3 count. This will tighten up the opposite side back muscle, and this has really helped me. 10tenner

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I bought one of the gunrests that are a sponge pad with a magnet. works great, don't get tired holding the gun up any more.

HM

10. DocJim

DocJim Member

11. romie

romie Active Member

10 Tenner that seems to be the muscle or one of them.

12. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

Romie check your stands when you mount your gun and are ready to shoot if you know a good shooter or a shooting couch have them take a look at your stance to see if you are leaning or if you are not in a netrual stands that your weight is not center or that you are leaning trying to hold the gun up if so this can be your problem and this could be why your lower back is hurting try it my help you find the problem

13. romie

romie Active Member

It is more my middle back and I do lean in to the shot a little I think.I think I am at the point where I could use a little help.I start out a ball of fire and then after 50 my scores sink like a brick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.