1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BACHMANN WINS IN IOWA

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BAD 303, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Bachmann wins and proves Romney is NOT the conservative people are looking for.

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Romney isn't a conservative, period. Neither is Perry.

But, thanks to the Republican Party, you'll be voting for one of them in 15 months.

-Gary

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Gary,

Are you suggesting that Perry is a liberal?

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

A conservative winning in Iowa is in my opinion the same thing as a liberal winning in San Francisco. The results are predicatable & they don't mean a thing as far as the big picture is concerned. Having a viable candidate is what matters & if the candidate can,t win the Republicans are SOL. And if Obumma gets reelected we are SOL.

Phil Berkowitz

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

No Kit, he's just not a conservative. He's the same as most Republicans these days. At least until the Tea Party dragged them back kicking and screaming.

-Gary

6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I am going to operate under the assumption that he has had that all important "come to Jesus moment" and I will support him until he proves me wrong. You and I have always felt the same about Romney and others who we have discussed in the past. Join me in my support of Perry if you can. With a good running mate, he, and all of us, will take back the White House and ultimately save this country.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Romney? I'll vote third party before I vote for another 'Republican' gun banner.

8. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Brian is right on this one... I saw and listened to this guy speak at the NRA Show in Louisville a couple year or so ago... He sounded great, but his record says otherwise...

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Phil, Iowa isn't that conservative. Tom Harkin is 1 of their Senators and the state is generally considered to be a "blue" state.

I don't know who I would vote for now. I like Bachman, Cain, Paul, but really anybody would be better than the jackass in chief we have now.

10. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Bachman beat Ron Paul by only one percent (29 to 28).

Paul resonates because he is a libertarian and has been proven right as time goes by.

Bachman because she is an attack person where the others try to be politically correct.

With Perry, its shaping up to be a great race.

In my opinion, Romney is gone.

Regards, and good shooting (I am going in a couple of hours),

Dave

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I don't know how people can vote for someone with out doing a background check on the first timers and looking up and checking the voting record of those looking to get re-elected!!!

Political adds, news commentary, or Party, never shapes my vote, its to valuable to me.

I will admit though, its been a LONG time since I cast a vote for a Democrat, They've become to much in lock step with communism! Its not as much what they say but what they DO!!

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I dont know why but I have a feeling she cannot be trusted. I think she is just like the idiot we have now, a good campaigner but with a different agenda

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I try to avoid political discussions, but so far, I'm not impressed by any of the Republican candidates.

And Bachmann? Some of the stuff that I've heard her say just makes me shake my head.

14. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

This is the personification what is wrong with the whole nominating process. Wow!!! A whole 16 thousand people participated in this charade. Honestly, let every candidate knock their brains out & if we had a national primary date--the voters could really get the real candidate who could truly represent their values. But, we're saddled with giving New Hampshire BS pre=eminense way above their statistical numbers. Too many good candidates have been knocked out by our skewed primaries.

Phil Berkowitz

15. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Maybe Bachmann and Palin could run together.
    Actually, I would rather see them naked, on a hide from a caribou Palin shot, playing with their "guns".

16. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

agree with Phil B. - certaintly not a true statistical sample, also Bachman is from the state next door and romney is a rich guy from the east coast. My view is that bachman will get chewed up due to her bizzare points of view - like not believing in evolution and saying that build-ups of carbon dioxide are nothing to be concerned about. Her stated views on government spending do not harmonize with the fact that she has had her hand out to recieve farm subsidy money and her husband likes to get that medicaid money. she is not different than any other politician -= she wants power and will say and promise anything to get it. At least romney is not in it for the money.

17. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

I’d rather see Michele Bachmann than Michelle Obama...

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Maybe that's the moose he was talking about.

-Gary

19. zagijimzoo

zagijimzoo TS Member

Ron Paul won that debate hands down! If you don't see that then I guess you don't believe in the Constitution. The Founding Fathers warned us about this putting the money in control of private bankers! They’re not interested in helping America grow just their own bank accounts! Ron Paul is fighting for US!!!!

The unconstitutional Federal Reserve is killing OUR country and the value of the dollar!
    Any candidate not even mentioning this fact is corrupt!
    The military complex is draining our economy! We create war and civil unrest not peace! Loan money created out of thin air from the Feds and gives it to the military complex and "private contractors" to fill these rich people’s pockets!
    Then WE have to pay the Feds back the interest! What are you crazy!
    Like Ron Paul said just wipe it off the books! Do you hear that coming out of the mouths of any other candidates? You don't! That’s cause their bought out by the Feds and corporations.
    Government can't produce jobs. Allowing the free market system to work will!
    Bailing out corporations and private banks is unconstitutional! What’s the first thing they did when they got the bailout money but give themselves a fat million dollar bonus! What are you kidding me!

This experiment of freedom is based on the Constitution as its backbone!
    Any candidate that doesn't strictly follow its laws is un-American!
    Bachman thinking secret prisons and holding people without due process is OK!
    Right there you should not even listen to her anymore because she doesn't care about our rights! Ron Paul nailed her on that topic!

Where in the Constitution does it say that corporations are individuals?

20. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

I want to see Rubio as a VP no matter who wins the nomination and he will be the president some day. I think Perry can beat Obama, think Christie can also and if they have Rubio on the ticket it will be a landslide. If we can't take back the Senate and hold on to the House it is a moot point anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.