1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

B&W Photographers LQQK Here--Leitz Enlarger!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mdk3280, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdk3280

mdk3280 TS Member

I switched to digital Nikons a few years back and have not shot a roll of film since. So, it's time to part company with my beloved Leitz Valloy II black & white 35mm enlarger. If you have, or plan to set up, a black and white dark room this is the Rolls Royce of b/w enlargers for 35mm. And, it has the Leitz brass negative holder/plate that is oversized to give you the classic Leitz black borders around full-frame prints (if you choose to include same).

I have owned this gem for 25 years and it is in excellent condition. They don't make these anymore and they are becoming rare...often selling for $700 plus. Unit includes 50mm Ernest Leitz f/4.6-16 lens and is intended for direct mount to your darkroom bench. I am asking a very reasonable $550 (with lens which is usually an extra $100). Shipping in the continental 48 will be exact cost, with no markup, per your preferred carrier (USPS, UPS, or FedEx).

Why a Leitz enlarger? (from one of the popular Leitz/Leica forums)
    Leitz enlargers are the finest enlargers made. These older ones are precision machined metal enlargers that would sell for a small fortune if manufactured today. The Leitz 35mm enlarger condensers rest on top of the negative, eliminating contrast degrading light bouncing around in the air space between negative and condenser. The precision machined metal castings of the Leitz enlarger insure that your negative is in perfect alignment every time. Leitz enlargers do not need alignment; their design guarantees it. Leitz enlargers are the fastest operating enlargers made. Leitz enlargers retain their resale value because their utility and aesthetics are timeless. They are not making these precision machines today; the last Leitz enlarger made was plastic. Leitz does not make enlargers today.

Leitz Valoy II, for 35mm, helical focusing mount--no bellows to go bad, negative carrier, extension tube. Late model with anti-Newtonring condenser. In fact, it is the only model with an anti-Newtonring condenser. The bottom planar surface of the conderser is lighly textured to eliminate Newtonrings. The quick focus lever makes it easy to raise and lower the enlarger. There is also a fine raising and lowering knob. The helical focus mount makes focusing fast.

URLs for additional pictures:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o177/mdk3280/IMG_0242.jpg
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o177/mdk3280/062107031.jpg
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o177/mdk3280/062107048.jpg

Best,
    Dan

2. mdk3280

mdk3280 TS Member

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

You would do better if you put it on Ebay.

4. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Kodak should now give away all its B&W film, all speeds. Still have some in the freezer. Probably will never be used in my M6 or F2s. Ought to sell them as well. When digital entered the market, the game for roll film was over. End of story. Good luck selling the Leitz. Germans know how to make great equipment.

5. mdk3280

mdk3280 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

leitz enlargers

leitz valloy 11 enlarger

leitz valoy ii

leitz valoy ll condenser