1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

B&P- Shells?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Who shoots Bascheri and Pollagri (sp) shells?. A few years ago they appeared to be tops on the market, now you rarely hear of them. Supposedly they were the best on the market. Just curious!

2. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Baschieri/Pellagri are good bullets, patterns from them (thru my gun) put them just a notch under most our equivalent premium shells, a little better than our promos but I haven't seen score justify them, much less cost.

Since this is just my opinion anyway, the Gordon system is just smoke and mirrors, but I know of people that think it does reduce recoil-----long story behind that but ridiculous at best.

If you think you have to try a premium foreign shell that seems to do a superior job in about any gun, try Lyalvales. Do they ever hurt targets, but so do ours, at a much cheaper price.

3. mt

mt Member

Where can i get info about purchase of Lyalvale....i tried the web address noted on Intrasport but it just bounces back.

4. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Best thing I could suggest is contact them and see if someone here is a dealer. AbleAmmo was and they dropped them, Fischer in Fl was also and I don't think so any longer. Must be a tough bunch to get along with, or they can't get them, one.

There is a contact link in the above address. They have always been difficult to get, unless you had connections. I had a friend bring me some from the OTC in Colorado Springs, and I had gotten some from AA, at one time they were priced pretty close to the rest of the foreign shells but started getting higher than our premiums.

If it matters, shot in Lyalvale target shells is 8%, highly polished and almost perfectly sized and round. But make sure you get US equivalent sizes, or get their 7's to end up with our 7 1/2's or about .093" in whatever silly mm that is.

5. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Dealers don't want to stock $75/flat shells and that is what I was told the B&P's cost. Too rich for my "only shooting practice" blood. But they were pretty.

6. mt

mt Member

thanks

7. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Dave, they offer free shipping, maybe it would be worth shooting a case or two to see for yourself. I shot a case of them last month at the NC state shoot. Legend 1oz. Hit hard from 25 yards and low recoil. We sell them at our Sporting clays facility.

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.