1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

B&P Shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bridgetoofar, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Anyone know what the bulk price discount is on these shells? Contacting the importer has been less than successful.

2. fly

fly Active Member

I spoke with a Rep from Wisconsin 2 weeks ago, and there was NO break on quantity. My quote was $85.00 per case 1 1/8.

3. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

My contact last year was;
    Kari McCormick
    Kaltron Outdoors
    1-800-683-0464 ex 109

I had very good service and communication with them. Prices might have gone up. Quantities of 50 cases or 100 cases give significant discounts with prices very comparable to US mfg. shells. Sam

4. Slugo

Slugo Member

What makes them so special?

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Slugo,

They are a very very good quality shell (though not reloadable). They shoot soft, feeling like Federal papers. SD is the best of about any shell out there. Hard and consistent shot. They manufacture all of their own components. I've shot a couple of flats and would like to use them exclusively for sporting, but I'm not going to pay $85 for them. If I have to buy a pallet full, I will. Just thought someone here has purchased them in bulk. I have one PM with a lead on this info - thanks.

6. fly

fly Active Member

SouthPaw, can you tell us what the discounts were? I asked the Rep, and he said no to quantity breaks.

7. 87AA

87AA TS Member

From their website, bandpusa.com

Call 800-683-0464 today for Bulk Pricing on orders of 50 cases or more!

8. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I'll contact you when I find out. There is definately a break at 50 flats, as it says so on their website. Just haven't been able to make contact on the phone yet. I sent them an email, so let's see if that works.

9. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Yes Eddie, I have. They pattern better than any shell I've shot in my K80, a Jap Browning and a 391. Bear in mind though, I've only shot the sporting stuff, 1 oz 7 1/2s at 1260 through IC,LM and Mod chokes. I don't know about the shells you would normally shoot for trap.

10. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

I shoot pigeons with them and they are great

11. MR870

MR870 Member

For the money they are the best on the market.They do shoot softer and they do pattern great with the right choke.I have an Remington 870 that with my Pure Gold mod will blister the 27 yard line as well as any sporting target with the 1260 1oz Sporting.

12. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

I shot a box of the 7/8 7 1/2 shells at 27 yrds the other day. Hey, they broke the birds very well. After that, I'm convinced I don't need 1 1/8th ounce for the 27. Jim

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The B&P hull is indeed reloadable. Cheddite, the largest vendor of empty hulls in the world, makes the hull on the Gordon patent. Several American manufacturers, including Remington and Winchester, have used or use their hulls in some loads.

I use the same data as for Cheddite or GM hulls. I typically load Bunker loads in these hulls. 12SO, 12S3, and the Windjammer wads, or their clones, work very well in them. Due to their large boiler room, bulky powders such as Red Dot, Solo 1000, and similar powders work well.

Several folks use them for Sporting loads. Works for them, and when I find their empties, works for me.

14. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

B&P has their own forum over on shotgunworld. They seem to answer posts on a fairly timely basis.

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Someone was shooting them at my club and I picked a few up and reloaded them. They reloaded with no problem.

16. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Are they steel or Brass base???

17. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

Brass base-- Any primer will work fine in these shells. The one drawback is that two reloads is usually max. However, with the same loads normally put in AA's or Sts's, in the BP's there is less recoil. I've loaded several thousand rounds of these BP's. The cost is nearly the same for these shells as AA or Sts if you order 50 or more flats. I won't quote a price as they might have changed from last year. Call the # I posted above for more info. Sam

18. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

In a reply to reloading, the B&P rep wrote the following:

Hi There,

You can check out Hodgdon's Reloading Center:
    http://www.hodgdon.com/basic-manual-inquiry.html
    They do list Baschieri & Pellagri 2 3/4inch hulls on this database.
    But, our Gordon Hull System will only compress once.

Additionally, Randy Wakeman wrote:

The straight answer is that B & P hulls are not designed for reloading. Some folks can and do reloading just about everything, but this hull isn't designed for it.

19. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Regarding the original focus of this post, the B&P shells are discounted in bulk purchases - and a lot depends on whether the importer has to ship (and how far) and whether there is a sales tax. I have purchased in large amouunts (I'm a FFL and I have a retail license so I'm responsible for clolelcting and paying taxes).

I also talked with Kari McCormick at Kaltron Outdoors (Southpaw Sam)and found her to be very accomodating. The price was good, especially for the 1 ounce loads. It was even better when I asked about picking up my order (about an hour from my store).

The shells are great for all the reasons mentioned (they're soft and pack a puunch - don't know why and don't care). I'm hoping to get an order together for this spring. Maybe some local Illinois folks would be interested in helping me bump the order even higher. The last time I ordered I calculated the tax and added it with rounding. The final price to a user was less than what the list price was locally on AAs or STSs.

Larry Frieders
    Grandpa's Arms, Inc.
    http://www.grandpasarms.com
    340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506
    Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm
    Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

20. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Still no reply from Kaltron on the B&Ps by phone or email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

randy wakeman on the k80