1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

B & P shells?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by CharlesR1100, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

These (Italian?) shells were available at the Grand and a salesman was present to give their pitch. Did anyone try them? Or hear of their performance?

The main point of the shell is the primer is in a plastic base wad insert which collapses upon firing. So > less recoil? New to me. I use STS.

Salesman said the co would pay all shipping per order.

Been to the web site, but wondering if there was anyone with first hand experience.

2. Battue

Battue Member

The previous importer was a member of my gun club. I shot a ton of these shells and the prices were great. The performance of these shells was even better; they threw great patterns and were very consistent. I do not know if the 'magical' base wad made much of a difference in recoil, but it certainly did not hurt anything.

I am not sure of the prices right now. Also, I do not have any experience reloading these shells, but I would think it would be tough to beat STS's for reloadability.

Pat Byrne

3. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Pat...thank you. The lack of shipping cost and no state tax may make them a possibility. STS is a great shell to reload and that is a consideration. I saw no one shoot B&P at the Grand. And none on the ground. I should have bought a box. Guess I am too cheap.

4. mt

mt Member

I have been shooting them for about 8 months or so now. I like the light loads 1 oz...not as light as federal papers but very good.

My wife prefers the faster 1oz loads (1260fps) to the fiocchi white rhinos.

5. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

My daughter wanted some lighter recoil loads so we tried a couple of cases at the Grand. We went home with several cases. Once home she tried some STS Recoil Management Loads and liked them better. However the the light reciol loads of B&P work very well. I shot some practice with them and was satisfied that they will crush clay targets. They are 2 5/8" and could result in no hull value. I would suggest the STS RML or Federal Paper light loads if recoil is an issue. If cost is an issue, there are lots of options. Bottom line the B&P is a good shell.
    CA

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

If there's any advantages to using the B-P collapsing base, it may be the ability to use a faster burning powder which may give a lower chamber pressure reading than a solid base would. Bigger combustion area, less chamber pressures may have less shot deformation at ignition. Less recoil? I don't think so if velocities are equal. Hap

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Best factory shell I ever shot. I shoot the Comp 2000 1 oz loads for Sporting.

8. Cray

Cray Member

Earl4140: Web site shows $62.75 per flat for Comp 2000, 1 1/8-8's. Pretty pricey! Cray

9. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

If you like them, order soon. Was informed last week that next container shipment from Italy will have price increase.

I shot a case of F2 Legend 1oz at NC State shoot. Soft shooting / hard hitting. Shot them from 16yd and 24 yd.

Clay Addict, the Sub Sound 2 5/8" are designed for the euro guns that do not have 2 3/4" chamber. Thay are low pressure and light on recoil. We have a couple people that adjusted there reloaders and are reloading them.

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.