1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

B-day money. Did you keep it or the parents?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

When you were a kid did you keep your B-Day money and Christmas money or did your parents put it in the bank? What about your other parts of your family (sisters and brothers homes) and friends families? Thats kids say 14 and under.

2. shadow

shadow Active Member

Cant say---I never got money for Christmas or birthdays. I did hang one of my fathers' old heavy wool hunting knee socks over the fireplace one year. Christmas morning, it had a bulge in it, and I found an orange inside. I laid the sock aside, then my father turned the sock inside out and a $5 bill fell out---he picked it up and returned it to his wallet.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Trappy - you up to enough to get your Batman Lego set yet?

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Autioneer, I know your question is in regards to a post I made about my Grandkids getting to spend the money that I gave them as they see fit.

So by you soliciting answers from others still doesn't change what I said about my family. My Grandkids do get to spend the money I give them.

As an added fact, I do know that two of them save the money rather than spend it. Which to me, is a good trait.

I wish I had learned to save when I was younger............of course there wasn't the money floating around then like there is now.

Hauxfan!

5. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Always got the money that was sent to me.same with my kids. sometimes i spent it on friviolities some times saved it to put toward sometning really special. Most kids get to keep the moneythey they are sent, imo. Its noy a bad deal. Money is easier to send, and the kids can get something that they really would like to have that is beyond regular necessities. Sometimes that makes it special.

bob

6. Auctioneer

Hauxfan, yes it is. I'm not trying to be neg with you at all but just wanted to know how things were in other homes. It is good that you kids got the chance to decide for their own what to do rather then let the parents decide for you. There should be more of that and let the kids decide and let them deal with their decisions. I never could stand people who couldn't make up their minds on something or flip flop on a decision. When I was a kid my parents took the money and I really never know what happened to it. Later in the years I had to fight to keep it and do as I pleased.

7. Straight99

Straight99 Member

My parents made me put it in a savings acount and when I had enough for something big I could take it out and buy what I wanted, with there approvel. I can remember a bike, a motorscooter, a motorcycle, and then a car. I also had other jobs that paid and went into the savings acount. I cut grass and yard work for people, had chickens and ran an egg business. Always glad they made me save, still do.

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Auctioneer, I'm sorry that your parents were that way. I didn't know.

I can see why you may think that way with other kids and their parents.

Thanks for explaining why you asked, as you certainly didn't have to.

Sorry if I have caused you any grief over this, as that was not my intent.

Hauxfan!

9. Auctioneer

Not a problem at all. Never thought it was like that in all families but just wanted to see how it was in other families.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.