1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

B.C. Miroku O/U trap - price check?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by selmerfan, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selmerfan

selmerfan TS Member

I've decided to forego saving up the several thousand dollars for the Browning Citori XT unsingle combo that I desire but can't afford, and instead take the first step into a trap-specific shotgun with a used B.C. Miroku O/U trap. It's a 12 ga. 2 3/4" chamber, 30" barrels, F/I, no palm swell, raised cheekpiece, wide vent rib, selectable barrels. Good to excellent condition, nice bluing, some wear on the wood, but nothing terrible, lever is still quite a ways right of center, (all verified via photos) owner says it hasn't been shot much. I'm paying $435 shipped to my FFL. I know this is the same O/U as a Browning Citori or the older Win. 101s, my father actually has a B.C. Miroku 30" F/F field 12 ga. 3" chambers that he bought in the early 1970s. This is NOT a Charles Daly model made by B.C. Miroku, the seller bought it while serving as a Marine Corps. chaplain in Japan. I think I've done pretty well for a first trap gun. What say you?
    Willie

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Interesting.

The barrels for the XT are made by Miroku...including the underbarrel you want.

Sounds like a deal to me!

3. selmerfan

selmerfan TS Member

Hmm, I hadn't thought about it that way. I suppose if I really wanted to I could have a stock maker modify the stock for an adjustable comb and recoil pad. Then I would have to send the gun in to have the XT unsingle barrel fitted, is that correct? Hadn't thought about that option - thanks!!! Poor man's XT? :)
    Willie

4. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Good Guns-- Don,t let anyone kid you!

5. 9103997

9103997 TS Member

I have a Charles Daly over under given to me made by the same company . Just wonder what the difference would be . The gun is like new .I started using it and it shoots really well .From what I can tell its 30 to 40 years old . The individual never shot it . Really like it even though its not a trap or sporting model .

6. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

There is no difference except for the Daly name as an importer. They did not change the gun just the brand name.

The springs may vary depending on the year of mfg. Most have leaf springs but later model of same gun has coil springs.

Rock

Jim

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

good gun.. good deal..

not a Perazzi, but it will do....lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bc miroku 12 ga trap

miroku charles daly and kochi japan shotguns