1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

B-2000 for youth

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by miss alot, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miss alot

miss alot TS Member

I have a chance to get my nephew into a browning B-2000 for deer hunting. I was wondering is this gun light on recoil one, and is it a little complex for an 11 year old.

Shoot Often Shoot Straight

Rich

P.S. I'm only thinking about this because i can get it for $325, and would be a good entry level trap gun i'm thinking.

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I gave one to my grandson when he was 12....didn't seem to have any problems shooting and maintaing it!

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

If you need a cut down stock email me I have one with R pad 12 and 20 are same ragebhardt@msn.com rick

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Great gun, plenty of spare parts and barrels available. HMB

5. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

One of my favorite shotguns and in my opiniion the very lowest recoiling of all of them, but, it has a long trigger reach not to be confused with length of pull but the distance from the pistol grip to the trigger. If that can be overcome and the loading sequence learned it will be a great gun for a youngster. The price sounds cheap for a nice one, original B2000 buck special guns are rare and pricy.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If your going to use the gun for singles you can remove the ejector and spring from the bolt. The fired shell then stays in the receiver and doesn't hit your neighbor. HMB

7. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

No need for that hmb shell catchers are made for them I have one.

8. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

anyone know where there may be a forarm for a 12ga? ricks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.