1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AZ & NV state shoots

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gordy h, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordy h

gordy h Member

How big are the state shoots? Do they limit the number of squads? We are driving from Wi. and don't want to pre squad,if we don't have too.
    But we do want to shoot all the events, and have no preference on time etc.
    Thanks for your help. Butch H

2. warren

warren Member

I can't tell you about the AZ. state shoot but the Nevada State Shoot at Las Vegas is gonna be something else that new facility at Vegas is one of the newest, well run and finest in the country. You won't be disapointed there, it's so large I'm quite sure you won't have any trouble.

warren

3. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Hi Butch,
    Last September Las Vegas had an ATA 5 day Shoot. I drove down there and had an
    absolute ball. Clark County Shooting Park is an amazing place. It is so big you should have no problem squading. I attached the link for the program.
    This is a first class operation all the way. From the clubhouse to the last trap
    is about 3/4 of a mile. But during these large shoots they run a people mover all
    day so it really doesn't matter what bank of traps you're on. If you send me an email I can send you some pics I took while I was there.
    Oh, as an added bonus, if you need shells, they are really priced well and you don't pay sales tax because it's run by the county. Look for postings on here
    from "trimtab". Bob is a really great guy and helped me a lot.
    I would also suggest you stay up in NW Las Vegas. The Strip is quite far to make
    the daily drive because of traffic. The shoot program lists 3 places that are giving discounts to shooters. Closest is not always best.
    Mike Cunningham

Groveland, CA

4. dzneff

dzneff Member

AZ STATE SHOOT IS NOT LIMITED TO THE NUNBER OF SHOOTERS. PRESQUAD AVAILABLE - OPEN 2/10. ABOUT 200 - 300 SHOOTERS USUALLY. THE BEN AVERY RANGE HAS GOOD FACILITIES EXCEPT THE CLUBHOUSE (SMALL). WEATHER IN LATE MARCH IS USUALLY MILD. NEVADA RANGE IS USUALLY WINDIER AND COOLER.

5. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Butch, appreciate you make the trip to Las Vegas for the shoot. You will be able to squad when you get their with no problem. The program is acessable at nevadatrapshoot.com.

Sent you a PM also

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Arizona State shoot will be at the Ben Avery facility and it just keeps getting better and better all the time, but does have a small clubhouse ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. warren

warren Member

I made an reservation for my RV today for the Nevada State Shoot in Vegas and out of 80 there were only 10 left. They are full hook up and right there very handy. My point is that it's only Jan. and they are already nearly full looks like it's gonna be a big event.

warren

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would attend both of these shoots if possible, not this year ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.