1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AZ/AB Shooter Tom Orlick passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by white rattler, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white rattler

white rattler Member

Tom passed last Thursday November 5. He was 81 years old. I believe his record of the most targets in Canada still stands and he hasn't shot for a few years now! He was inducted into Alberta Provincial Trapshooting Hall of Fame in 2004.
    There are many people around who remember him vividly: his quiet way, his support and participation since the 1950s, and mostly his love of the sport and the companionship of other shooters. He is missed. See attached photo. Trevor Dawe
    [​IMG]

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Tom was one of the good guys and always a pleasure to talk to ... He will be missed ... I still have a shotgun shell that Tom gave me out at the Old Phoenix Club that has his name on it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Condolances to his family and many friends ...

3. beaker100

beaker100 Member

sorry to hear about tom. one of the good ones. doug

4. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy to family and friends. Another great one shooting on heaven's squad.

Prayers from Ohio.

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Tom was truly one of the good guys. I will not forget when Tom went way out of his way to give me a ride from the Edmonton Gun Club to St. Albert. He will be missed. MikeTMX

6. wanderer

wanderer Member

I used to squad with Tom. We shot a lot of targets together. G.E.G.

7. t-bar

t-bar Member

We first met Tom at RMTS, we are truly sorry about his passing. Condolances to his family and friends.

Thanks for posting this Trevor.

Barb and Tom

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sorry to read of the lose of your friend. My condolences to his family. Dave Bishop

9. white rattler

white rattler Member

Up for Tom. Trevor Dawe

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I never knew Mr. Orlick but the measure of a lady's or gentleman's life is reflected in the loss felt by their friends. My condolences.

11. white rattler

white rattler Member

Service for Tom will be on Sat Nov.21 at 1:30pm at the Hope Corner Church. It's on the corner of Hayden and Sweetwater. Trevor Dawe.

12. white rattler

white rattler Member

Here's Tom's info when he was inducted into the Hall of Fame

Hall of Fame Inductee: Tom Orlick
    Category – Shooter
    Year of Induction – 2004
    Tom Orlick, a long-time member and builder of the Edmonton Gun Club competed locally, nationally and internationally in both International and "American" style trapshooting. Tom's accomplishments include: Alberta Provincial Singles Champion (1965) after which he went on to compete against other state and provincial champions in the Champion of Champions race at the Grand American Trapshooting Tournament
    in Vandalia Ohio; Alberta Provincial Doubles Champion (1967); Alberta Provincial Handicap Champion (1969); Alberta Provincial Veteran Champion (1994). He also established an APTA record in 1977 with a 200x200 in Singles.
    Tom shot International Trap between 1967 and 1972 competing in Italy, the UK and Germany. He was a member of the Canadian Team that won a silver medal in 1971. He shot the World Games in 1972 as a member of the Canadian team that placed eighth overall. Tom joined the Edmonton
    Gun Club in 1963 and served on the Board of Directors between 1963 and 2000. During this time he coached new shooters in the Edmonton area, served as club president in 1970, introduced International-style trap to the club and participated
    in the relocation of the club during 1992. He also
    participated in the APTA serving as a Director, Vice- President and President between 1965 and 1972. At the time of his induction, Tom resided in Arizona and had fired at 450,000 ATA registered targets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.