1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AYN RAND QUOTE of the DAY...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by crusha, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

"Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual)."

2. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

She was quite a woman! Neil

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The limits of rights, such as free speech, are defined not by what is popular, but by what is unpopular.

4. shelly

shelly TS Member

We need another Ayn

5. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

I am honestly surprised that nobody has started bashing her yet, as she was a devout atheist who believed in, among other things, legalized abortion, the repeal of any laws that discriminated against homosexuals, her opposition to the the war in Viet-Nam, and she was a libertarian that would have probably highly disapproved of the George W. Bush governments war in Iraq, since attacking anyone would be in direct conflict with her beliefs. Neil

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Neil why don't you start a web site bashing Bush? Seems that's all you know how to do

7. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Catpower, I believe that history will be bashing him long after I have gone. Really, I should probably bash Cheney, since he was obviously running the show. I was stating what I believe to be the truth. Read about her. While it is true that she supported a couple of republican candidates, according to her writings, she would not have approved of a conflict such as Bush's phony war in Iraq. Bush was not a great president in any way. He gave the American people revenge when they wanted revenge, embarrassing the United States in front of the whole world in the process. While George W. Bush probably would have been a great guy to party with, but hardly qualified to be the president of the United States. Neil

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Some people should not indulge themselves in Political Philosophy.

HM

9. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives.
    Ayn Rand

10. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
    Ayn Rand

11. shelly

shelly TS Member

Hey dumbo, why don't you and dahaub go play with each other.

12. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Shelly, Why do you always resort to name-calling? Is it Frustration, or Ignorance? Neil

13. cat house

cat house TS Member

listening to bill clinton as he attemped to sell sacifice as a moral virtue during he speech on the economy the words of Ayn Rand came to mind. It stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offering. where there is service, there is someone being served.the man who speaks to you of sacrifice speaks of slaves and masters. AND intends to be the master. ad johnson

14. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Shelly, you have embarrassed yourself. Neil has expressed his point of view, which he has the right to do. You have the right to present opposing points of view. When you resort to name calling and demeaning personal attacks all you do is show your ignorance and lack of mental capacity. Bruce

15. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
    Ayn Rand

16. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Trinketshooter
    I wonder how much President Obama has diminished the credibility of our once great nation in the eyes of the rest of the world (excluding France of course) in the two years he has been our leader?

17. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Tripod, I would say that truthfully, no president in history has or probably ever will do as much damage to the United States' credibility worldwide as George W. Bush did during his terms in office. Neil

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Did you listen to Trump yesterday? I thought he would probably be one of those "insider" millionaires that would play the middle so it wouldn't hurt him politically or monitarily, but nope....he said 3 things that actually amazed me besides the fact that he seriously thinking about running for persident:

Obama has no clue what he's doing, and his appointed crew of merry men don't have a clue.

Add a 25% tariff to any products that enter the US from China. They are manipulating their currency and have an unfair trade scenario with the US.
    They also think we are a bunch of wusses, and our current government is weak.
    If we stop buying products from China, their economy will suffer a recession.

Drill here and drill now. Unleash our natural resources on the global market and the price of oil will plummet. At the same time our economy will thrive, and our deficit will paid off in no time.

I agree!

19. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Shelly, I just stick with the facts. But you wouldn't know anything about facts, since you never present any. I do not blame Bush for everything, but he is 100% responsible for starting the war in Iraq, based on lies, where we all know many Americans and thousands of innocent civilians were killed. Anyone can look at history and see that both patries are to blame for our current situation. Neil

20. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

trinketshooter,

"GW Bush might have been a great guy to party with but hardly qualified to be President of the United States".....and Barry the Kenyan village idiot is??????

Let me assure you that "change" is no more of a plan than "hope" is a strategy.

Most voters are a large collection of small thinkers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.