1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Awwww....why do I have to shoot SKEET???"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jeff P, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

We had youth day at our club last weekend - 400 kids out for the day shooting sporting, skeet, trap, .22's, centerfire, pistols, you name it. Eating hot dogs, etc. Fun day. I got to the club at 0630, and didn't leave until after 5pm. Long day.

Anyway....my daughter's 7, and she wants to shoot. she has a youth sized 1100 20 gauge she can barely hold up, but she's pretty good with her .22. Been waiting a while for her to get big enough to really shoot the shotgun. But she wants to try....

So I've arranged with one of the better instructors to help her out and let her pull the trigger a couple times. Figure its better if someone OTHER than Dad does the initial instruction. I'm telling her this, and I think that she should start with low 7 on the skeet field. She's only going to shoot a couple of shells, and I want her to break a target, and that seems pretty easy.

I'm telling her I think she'll "start with low 7" and she stops me dead in my tracks and says (remember she's SEVEN)

"AWWWWWWW...DAD, why do i have to shoot SKEET???"

Further updates as events warrant.

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

She learns quick.

3. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Born trapshooter.

4. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Born trapshooter is right! She wants to shoot easy targets! Lol

5. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

Our kids pay more attention to what we do and say than we want to believe. Should make us stop and think some time instead of popping off. Hope she enjoyed the shooting. We need her to keep our sport. Tom

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Because if you can hit hign 2 halfway to the stake all the time you should never miss a trap target! LOL , Jeff

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Once she starts calling her own targets (and friends) she'll become an accomplished sporting clays shooter...

Curt

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

She'll understand skeeters real quick if she offers up a .25/round bet for high gun. She'll have the range all to herself!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.